Coconut milk

Options
freckles2002
freckles2002 Posts: 55 Member
Hi all, I wondered if anyone could tell me if its ok to drink full fat coconut milk on a LCHF diet. Apologies if this has been asked before, I'm new to this!. Thanks

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    yes it sure is. Generally the kind from the carton is pretty low fat though, compared to the stuff that comes in a can. I have it daily in my chai tea, it's delish!
  • freckles2002
    Options
    Thanks very much for the tip!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I stick with the canned stuff as well, especially if I am using it for cooking. Parrot brand is pretty good in my experience, and I've seen it in this "Latin foods" section of pretty much every store I've been in. The label is in Spanish though, but it's not like nutrition labels have much variance.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Kroger brand and el mexicano brand coconut milk are also good. Or if you want higher fat you can go with coconut cream. LC Foods coconut cream is my favorite.
  • freckles2002
    Options
    Thanks guys. Not sure I can get these brands as I'm in the uk, but will check out my local health food shop.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Pay attention to the labels on the coconut cream, some brands add a ton of sugar...at my grocery the mexican brands are all sweetened, but the thai ones are not usually sweetened.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Pay attention to the labels on the coconut cream, some brands add a ton of sugar...at my grocery the mexican brands are all sweetened, but the thai ones are not usually sweetened.

Usually that's because it is assumed the Mexican brands are to be used for alcoholic drink mixes, whereas Thais use it as a curry/gravy for savoury foods.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Today I picked up So Delicious brand culinary coconut milk. Just 2gm carbs but 14 gm fat /serving. I mixed 100ml with 8oz of unsweetened chocolate almond milk and 5 drops of stevia. It was incredible.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    Today I picked up So Delicious brand culinary coconut milk. Just 2gm carbs but 14 gm fat /serving. I mixed 100ml with 8oz of unsweetened chocolate almond milk and 5 drops of stevia. It was incredible.

Aaand I'm drooling...