Oops!

Options
Well....I messed up lastnight and had 2 pieces of pizza. Had a few too many Gin and Tonic's and my hubby made pizza and I ate it. SCREAM!!! How long before my body gets that out of my system?

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Which part of it? The food itself will be processed out in less than a day. The glyco stores (assuming you consumed enough to replenish them) will take a few days. Prepare to be thirsty, and ignore the scale for the next few days, unless it doesn't bother you.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Drunk munchies strike again!

Alcohol tolerance is lowered while doing low carb, so you may want to adjust your intake. Also, tonic contains sugar so you can switch to soda to avoid carbs.

Maybe if you're up for it, get a little exercise in to deplete the glycogen stores and eat very low carb for a day or two. That works for me.
  • ConstantStruggle
    ConstantStruggle Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    No carbs in diet tonic
  • lilyanneetc
    lilyanneetc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Alcohol will kick you out of ketosis temporarily anyway, so g&t plus a bit of pizza isn't much worse than just g&t! I wouldn't fret too much, as long as you are able to get right back to keto eating.

I find when I eat carbs (especially actual sugar) again my big struggle is powering through the cravings to eat potato chips which come surging back :)

Don't weigh yourself for a week or so, but it really isn't a big deal.

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Probably less than a day. Your liver will process the alcohol first. Two pieces of pizza is probably still less carbs the your brain alone needs so they'll be used up quickly. There was someone a while back that noticed they could eat more carbs while drinking and not affect their bg at all. I wish I could search for the thread for you or was rather informative about how all that stuff works.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    And that's why I avoid the booze! I lose all self control when it comes to food when I drink and I don't have much to begin with, so I can't really afford the loss lol.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    And that's why I avoid the booze! I lose all self control when it comes to food when I drink and I don't have much to begin with, so I can't really afford the loss lol.

88 days on MFP now, and I seem to have switched off of booze completely. Whenever you go to consume something, just think how it will affect your chart
  • Brigit723
    Brigit723 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I had an oops today, not going to fret just going to get back on track tomorrow!