SuperDorkLori

Options
SuperCarLori
SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
So, little about me:
I'm awkward. Not in a cute way.
I am a loner, but enjoy socializing here.
I'm witty, but at times it takes me a moment to configure an apt response, by which time everyone else has moved on...
I'm a tad insecure, in the back of my mind I'm feeling like 'get to the point, Lori, nobody gives a *kitten* about who you are' which I realize is untrue, but I like to avoid confrontation with that *kitten* in the back of my mind ;)

Anywho, point is..my OH thinks, and this is rational, that I'm engaging in addictive behavior by spending the time I spend socializing on here. Which, logically, I get it. I totally get it, I engage in addictive behaviors. I was an addict for seventeen years, I get it. See, he'd be like OH GOD, WHY WOULD YOU TELL STRANGERS THAT? Well, because I don't give a *kitten* what people think about what I've done. The good ones will be interested in me because of who I am NOW, and my past helped sharpen me.

But, anyway...I like to socialize. I like the back and forth of debate. And I like it from the safety of my home. I don't hang out with people, I don't go to the club. I don't do the gym.

I'm effectively anti-social in real life.

But I digress. He says it's feeding my eating disorder to spend the time I spend here. I call *kitten*. I quit other forms of social media, because...oh just because reasons. (Pm me, maybe I'll explain)

So...could I do keto without mfp? Um, hell yes.
Do I want to? Hell no.

I like you guys. Granted, my personality is not for everyone, but I feel like I've found enough of my tribe to be able to freely express my pov, and be considered valid.
Maybe he's feeling a bit left out...

I just wanted some opinions, because I've considered backing away...because I could...what do you think? Could hanging out here be considered disordered?

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    Options
    The time I spend I've been treating much like a reward...I'll do these dishes, then spend five minutes, I'll jump on the trampoline, then spend five minutes..etc. Except for my morning silent coffee/wake up time, which I spend here.

I don't think it's anywhere near as ridiculous as facebook, which I used to spend hours a day! I literally deleted that. There were other reasons, but I watch Mr. Jones, some of you will catch that drift.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Yeah, he's one of those nurturing, daddy knows best, borderline control freak types. I enjoy rebelling Lolol.

I love the points you make. Thanks for the diarrhea.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It's clear his motivation is concern for you, but perhaps it is coming from a place, like you said, where he feels kind of left out. I think my hubby feels that way a bit, too. I used to get up on weekend mornings, make my coffee, load up whatever MMORPG we were playing together and hang with him on the game, but now I socialize with you guys. He's over there on his game, and I haven't played in weeks now, but he hasn't said anything to me about it. Personally, I feel that it's more positive for me to come here and talk with you guys, read things, learn things, find recipes, and meet some kindred spirits, than it is to don my pixel self and run around casting magic at pixel creatures. I don't judge him for wanting to spend his time that way, but I consider it like I'm taking a break from that.

He gets that this is important to me, and I'm sure your hubby gets that, too. Maybe he is just worried that you spending time here makes you more obsessed with what you're eating? I've actually been thinking about backing off on tracking every single thing for that very reason. It's not the social time we spend, it's the time spent obsessing over every little bite, every gram of carbs, every calorie, what do I weigh today, is it the same after a take a dump or did I actually crap off 3/4 of a pound? Etc..

I probably sound nuts, too. SuperdorkZenwenner over here. :)
  • SuperCarLori
    edited August 2016
    Options
    He's ALWAYS self electing/nominating. Total opposite, let's be real here, we both have control issues lol.
    It's so cute. <sarcasm
  • SuperCarLori
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yeah, he doesn't get my RPG addiction either. Such is life. We, together, form one whole functioning adult. :D He obsesses over motorbikes and muscle cars. I obsess over books, Elder Scrolls and MFP.

Nah, I don't obsess over food choice, I know what to eat, and how much.

He's never had food/body image/adipose collection issues, so he doesn't really understand. He does have some mommy issues, and I think he disagrees with anything that takes attention from himself. Not totally healthy, but I have my share of disturbances, so no judgement.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yeah, he's one of those nurturing, daddy knows best, borderline control freak types. I enjoy rebelling Lolol.

Bingo! hahahaa... you win!
  • SuperCarLori
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Gaaaah.....trying so hard to place an image here
    bqdrwmty7uym.jpg
  • SuperCarLori
    edited August 2016
    Options

gah, now i note that i shouldve posted a link.
    youre pickin up what im puttin down, right?
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    I concur.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I'm much more comfortable typing than speaking. In person I'm very awkward, have a harsh voice, and seemly don't have a lot in common with my age group. I have a few good friends but honestly I sometimes get a touch of social anxiety around them!

Maybe I'm not good typing either. I've made it sound as if I'm a perpetual angst ridden teenager??? The horror lol.

Anyway the point I was trying to make is that I don't think having online forum friends is a bad thing. I guess if you were on here 24/7 and stopped working and spending time with your family it could be however it sounds like you have a good balance. Plus selfishly we are glad to have you.
  • MaryDeLoria
    MaryDeLoria Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I, too, am quite an introvert. I find social occasions exhausting, although I do like to go out and do / see things. For me, the LCHF forum is a social activity & I look forward to "hearing" from the folks here.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Idk what to say except we be who we be, everyone has a past, and I too could give 2 $h!+$ less what people think bout me....with that bieng said, ahem, SupercarLori- I think you are the effing bomb to be honest!!!!!!! Have a nice day nah, ya hear!
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    I'm much more comfortable typing than speaking. In person I'm very awkward, have a harsh voice, and seemly don't have a lot in common with my age group. I have a few good friends but honestly I sometimes get a touch of social anxiety around them!

Maybe I'm not good typing either. I've made it sound as if I'm a perpetual angst ridden teenager??? The horror lol.

Anyway the point I was trying to make is that I don't think having online forum friends is a bad thing. I guess if you were on here 24/7 and stopped working and spending time with your family it could be however it sounds like you have a good balance. Plus selfishly we are glad to have you.

Lol, I thought you were describing me there for a second. Lolol
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    KetoLady86 wrote: »
    Idk what to say except we be who we be, everyone has a past, and I too could give 2 $h!+$ less what people think bout me....with that bieng said, ahem, SupercarLori- I think you are the effing bomb to be honest!!!!!!! Have a nice day nah, ya hear!

That's the nicest thing ever. Thank you, darlin.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Another totally anti-social introvert here! But my hubby is also anti-social and has lots of his own online friend, so he's super supportive of my MFP habits and loves hearing my stories about my online friends and is thrilled that my online habit has resulted in a happy, healthy new me.

I hope your OH can see the positive impact this group has had for you and be a little more supportive!