What do you do when you miss count your carbs?

Options
cmansell13
cmansell13 Posts: 9 Member
Good Evening Everyone,

It is my own fault, I had trusted some of the preloaded nutritional foods in the food bank on myfitness pal. I just happen to go back and double check and it was WAYYYYY off... I am a little worried as I am about 5-10 carbs over!! Do you go for an extra walk? What do you do to offset the mistake?

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You can, but that's a pretty small difference really.
    Even if you're goal is 20g and you got 30g instead, your brain will use it. It's not enough over for what your brain needs on a daily basis.
    It may make a bigger difference if one meal was over and extra 10g, mostly if you're insulin resistant, but even then, it's not enough to completely throw off fat burning.
  • cmansell13
    cmansell13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can, but that's a pretty small difference really.
    Even if you're goal is 20g and you got 30g instead, your brain will use it. It's not enough over for what your brain needs on a daily basis.
    It may make a bigger difference if one meal was over and extra 10g, mostly if you're insulin resistant, but even then, it's not enough to completely throw off fat burning.

Thank you! I was so worried. I am only on week 2 and trying to stick to the counts the best I can. Its such a learning curve with this change in eating habits. It was a snack that I went over on.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    try to be more careful next time is what i would do. or pay attention to what others use, if that applies. its not a biggie, many people eat at higher carbs and stay in ketosis. if thats your goal.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Exercise cures lost counting errors!

Just burn it off

It is excess fuel, so use your body to but up the fuel and you are all good
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    An extra 10g carbs isn't much, nothing to worry about. Your body will use it and you won't even know it happened.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Suck it up, move on, and refuse to dwell. Learn from it and tomorrow will be better.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Consider it a learning moment. Don't dwell on it, and move on. Not a huge hiccup. We all have to live and learn!

I haven't found a way to learn everything without making mistakes!