How on earth do you make your macros work??

Options
2»

Replies

• Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I prelog what I'll eat. I have a few different options I like. I usually log breakfast and lunch and then I'll have a look at what I have left macro-wise for dinner, and base my food choice around that. Prelogging helps me a lot. :)
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That sucks, I rely on nuts...love them actually. I don't suppose you'd try meatballs but i find angus meatballs very convenient and you can nuke them with a big of caloriewise bbq sauce and it literally makes the whole office jealous of my lunch :) They're nice and high in fat.
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I prelog what I'll eat. I have a few different options I like. I usually log breakfast and lunch and then I'll have a look at what I have left macro-wise for dinner, and base my food choice around that. Prelogging helps me a lot. :)

I do this, too, Shadow. It makes a big difference getting up and knowing what I am going to eat, saving me time.

Anewlife: Here is my morning coffee recipe. Depending on my day, I might double it so this is the regular version:
    Coffee
    1 TBL coconut oil
    1 TBL cream
    flavors of your choice (vanilla extract or cocoa are my choices)
    Sweetener of choice to taste

I just plunk all this into a blender, let it rip for about 20 seconds and it's a frothy bit of Heaven that is better than sugar laden Starbucks every was.

To up your fat, you can double the recipe.
  • xosummerrainxo
    xosummerrainxo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Is it hwc you use, and what kind of cocoa and sweetener do you use?
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

I try to do this too but I sometimes find myself changing my pre logging...one night I had chicken planned, had it all logged and we wound up eating sandwiches or something...but I do like knowing what my dinner will be so I know how my day can go - especially because I work from home and there is a freaking grocery store 10 steps away in my kitchen :smiley:
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Is it hwc you use, and what kind of cocoa and sweetener do you use?

When I put cocoa in my BPC I use unsweetened baker's chocolate squares - no gritty cocoa in the bottom of my cup this way. I like the way it melts and is kinda creamy. Someone posted earlier though about putting cinnamon in the coffee filter with the grounds before it brews...I love that idea and plan to try with unsweetened cocoa powder too. Personally I used Stevia but now I go without sweetener unless I use cocoa then I add a little. I also use coconut oil and butter both.

No matter how we make ours, you'll find yours and it will be WAY better than anything store bought.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Someone posted earlier though about putting cinnamon in the coffee filter with the grounds before it brews...I love that idea and plan to try with unsweetened cocoa powder too.

I was thinking this exact same thing!!! And I do use raw cocoa butter in place of coconut oil sometimes to get that lovely cocoa smell and flavor without the powder.

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    um....ever tried pork rinds and mayonnaise?

Sounds like a one-way ticket to the Throne Room! I can almost hear the Kohler singing its sweet song....
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I shake cinnamon into my coffee grounds before brewing all the time, it is wonderful. It adds a perfect amount of flavour without any graininess or ring of dirt around the cup.
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

This is what I try to do as well. I pack my food for work the night before, log it and adjust it to suit my macros
  • SunflowerAngel7777
    SunflowerAngel7777 Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Okay... I cut out nuts a few days ago because I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to them, or at the very least have a food intolerance... I also decided to drop my carbs to 20 grams from 30 grams starting today, but now that I don't have nuts to bulk up my fat and calories, I'm kinda floundering here! I guess this is why people drink BPC???

Here's what I've eaten so far today (note: I'm also doing 16/8 IF, so no breakfast)

Lunch: lettuce wraps with veggies, cream cheese & smoked salmon

Snack 1: pepperoni roll ups with bacon, cheese, and pickles

Snack 2: more bacon and moon cheese

Dinner: Pancit (filipino cabbage and ground beef dish)

Total Stats: 1009 calories, 68 g fat, 19 g carbs, 72 g protein
    Goal Macros: 1526 calories, 117 g fat, 20 g net carbs, 80 g protein

I tried a BPC for the first time this week and I was pretty underwhelmed to be honest. Maybe it's just too hot out right now for me to really enjoy hot coffee... I may like it better in the winter... Does anyone have a good high fat zero carb smoothie recipe?

I'm thinking I may need to get into the fat bomb game... I always wondered why people bothered with those, now I get it... What's your favourite recipe? There's a billion recipes online but I want something that's tried and true... ingredients
    are too expensive to waste!!

My Doc is working with me on the keto diet. I needed to up my fat intake. He recommended 3tbls coconut oil. I have a hard time with the taste, so he has me using MCT oil or powder. 3 tbls a day. It has no taste and can be mixed with drink or food.

Of course do your research to see if it will work for you...
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    dmariet116 wrote: »
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Someone posted earlier though about putting cinnamon in the coffee filter with the grounds before it brews...I love that idea and plan to try with unsweetened cocoa powder too.

I was thinking this exact same thing!!! And I do use raw cocoa butter in place of coconut oil sometimes to get that lovely cocoa smell and flavor without the powder.

I did it today - once with cinnamon and once with cocoa....YUM! That needs to go into the WOE hacks thread....who's amazing idea was that anyway? You could add any freaking spice you want to brewed coffee or tea. I'm so happy I didn't trade my coffee pot for the Keurig when it was adding grounds into my coffee- I just bought better filters.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Okay... I cut out nuts a few days ago because I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to them, or at the very least have a food intolerance... I also decided to drop my carbs to 20 grams from 30 grams starting today, but now that I don't have nuts to bulk up my fat and calories, I'm kinda floundering here! I guess this is why people drink BPC???

Here's what I've eaten so far today (note: I'm also doing 16/8 IF, so no breakfast)

Lunch: lettuce wraps with veggies, cream cheese & smoked salmon

Snack 1: pepperoni roll ups with bacon, cheese, and pickles

Snack 2: more bacon and moon cheese

Dinner: Pancit (filipino cabbage and ground beef dish)

Total Stats: 1009 calories, 68 g fat, 19 g carbs, 72 g protein
    Goal Macros: 1526 calories, 117 g fat, 20 g net carbs, 80 g protein

I tried a BPC for the first time this week and I was pretty underwhelmed to be honest. Maybe it's just too hot out right now for me to really enjoy hot coffee... I may like it better in the winter... Does anyone have a good high fat zero carb smoothie recipe?

I'm thinking I may need to get into the fat bomb game... I always wondered why people bothered with those, now I get it... What's your favourite recipe? There's a billion recipes online but I want something that's tried and true... ingredients
    are too expensive to waste!!

My Doc is working with me on the keto diet. I needed to up my fat intake. He recommended 3tbls coconut oil. I have a hard time with the taste, so he has me using MCT oil or powder. 3 tbls a day. It has no taste and can be mixed with drink or food.

Of course do your research to see if it will work for you...

http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2015/04/rocket-fuel-latte/

Get yourself some good cacao butter and try that recipe. It's awesome, and you don't taste even virgin coconut oil in it.