Favorite go-to meals?

Options
JustFindingMe
JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
My favorite, right now, is jasmine rice, ( which I cook a big pot of at the beginning of the week ) avocado, black beans and a big dollop of garlic humous on top

Replies

• KathrynPaulineWilkinson
    Options
    My favorite go to meal is a veggie bowl. I add greens (usually romaine or spinach) beans, rice or quinoa, and whatever vegetables I have in my kitchen. I usually add a dressing too and some spices. This is a very filling and satisfying meal.
  • surrealchereal
    surrealchereal Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's my fav but it's my easy go to, a potato(es) cooked in various ways. I've been digging eating lots of lentils lately though. And lentils on a potato are what I've really been liking!
  • PryorInc
    PryorInc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My easy go meal, when I'm lazy. Baked Potato with Broccoli, Cauliflower and vegan cheese sauce
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Recently mine has been mashed potatoe with beans or pease mashed in with it, then a pile of steamed green veg, some salad and a little mini nut roast. I baked a bunch of nut roast in fairy cake tins so lots of little individual portions in my freezer ready to go as I need them.
  • burnsdesi
    burnsdesi Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I marinate portobello slices in taco seasoning and lime juice and grill them on my grill pan (basically the Oh She Glows Portobello 'steak' taco recipe) and use it in tacos. Vegan enchiladas, tacos, burrito bowls, lol. Apparently I'm really feeling a Mexican food vibe lately. I just bought some masa harina so I can make vegan tamales.

I also tend to take the veggies + proteins (beans or tofu, usually) I have on hand and sautee them together w nooch + hemp seeds sprinkled on top when I'm feeling lazy.

• GetBack2Skinny
    GetBack2Skinny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My fav is between a burrito bowl with rice, black beans, avocado, corn, tortillas strips and hot sauce, or a warm sweet potato with vegan butter. I can cook my sweet potatoes in a slow cooker which makes it super easy when I get home from work.
  • PryorInc
    PryorInc Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
  • kitsunesson
    kitsunesson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lightly mashed yellow potatoes with a little bit of vegan butter, and lima beans and some kind of greens chopped and mixed in. Today I used dandelion greens. So freakin good.