Living the Lifestyle - Monday, 8/15/16

2»

Replies

• beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited August 2016
    Ice cream is not a big deal for me. But when the Edy's Slow-Churned is on sale (usually chocolate), I'll usually buy it. Sometimes it sits in the freezer for days before I even remember it's there.

Believe it or not, the thing I crave most in this hot weather is salads. They're easy to fix, require no cooking, and they're cool.

Oh...and watermelon. But I buy the small "personal" watermelons. The ones I always bought at the Farmer's Market in Raleigh were "sugar babies" -- seedless and VERY sweet. I haven't been able to find them here at the beach so I usually just buy the small ones at the grocery store.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    I go in streaks with ice cream. When I eat it now, it's only the best IMHO. I like Talenti gelato and Homemade brand ice cream (esp. caramel sea salt). Lower calorie, lower quality stuff isn't worth it to me. It just makes my tongue cold with none of the amazing flavor and creaminess that I crave when I want it!

And I'm like Cindy in that I love fruit and veggies this time of year! They're cool and refreshing and perfect for dinner on hot, humid nights.
  • lilybbbbb
    lilybbbbb Posts: 88 Member
    linmueller wrote: »
    I go in streaks with ice cream.

I read that as steaks. I thought it was an excellent pairing.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    lilybbbbb wrote: »
    linmueller wrote: »
    I go in streaks with ice cream.

I read that as steaks. I thought it was an excellent pairing.

We must have the same dyslexia, I read it that way too...it conjured up a whole different image!
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 4,327 Member
    Steak ice cream sounds a lot better than avocado ice cream. (Sorry, Tom.)
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Where your minds go ... LOL.

And you all got me paranoid that I misspelled it!
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,148 Member
    No. I eat great ice cream anytime and not as a summer treat. Having said that I may only eat it let's say about 3 or 4 times a year. Part of that is because I don't normally eat ice cream just to eat it so it had better be "world class" and not much of that around.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,148 Member
    I have "broken" DW of the habit of buying a tub of Tillamook ice cream "because it is on sale" or Häagen daz for that matter. Buying "cheap" is too expensive and a waist [sic] of my money when it comes to ice cream.