Nutritarian Treats

Options
robingmurphy
robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
Hi all! I've been trying to Eat to Live for a couple years and have had quite a bit of success. It's now pretty easy for me to hit that 60-70% of calories from whole, unprocessed plant foods mark ... but I'd really like to be more like 90+% of calories from ETL foods, so I'm going to refocus and realign my diet. I've been thinking about past attempts, and I've realized that where I've fallen off the wagon before is when I get to a point where I'd like to have a treat once in a while. I've ended up snacking on something easy and definitely not ETL laying around the office, or at a friend's house ... and then it's been a slippery slope from there. I think what would help a lot is to know I have ETL foods available that meet that need! Something a little more sweet or fatty or fun to eat and special compared to my daily fare. I tried making Dr. Fuhrman's Black Bean Brownies over the weekend, and they were tasty and a good option for me! What foods do you turn to as an ETL treat, snack, or dessert?

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,917 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin, I really like a bowl of mixed fresh fruit with some nuts, chia seeds and coconut flakes. If I really want to indulge I have a lara bar, but I've got my eye on a couple recipes when I get more time to cook!
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I've been using my dehydrator to make fruit leather. Combinations of apples, bananas, pears, and berries. Some with cinnamon. Just fruit with skins on and added juice or water as needed to make it blend up. They travel well too as long as you put them in a zip loc after making so they don't get sticky.

I can't make things like brownies because I will just gobble them up until they are all gone. Sad, but true. If you check out ohsheglows.com I'm sure there will be tasty treats there, but you might have to modify a bit depending on just strict you want to be. Same with http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/category/desserts-sweets/
  • yertle
    yertle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We have a Yonanas. Super easy way to turn frozen, ripe bananas into ice cream! It makes the perfect texture.