Good Recipe for Breading for Frying Stuff?

Options
I can't seem to find one on the recipe group and I don't have time to search online for one...

Anyone have a simple recipe for an all purpose breading? I have both almond flour and coconut flour that I can use...I'm thinking about making some fried yellow squash tonight (yum!)

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I use soy flour...it tends to burn, so fry at slightly lower heat (ex. cook at a 4 instead of a 5), but other than that it's just the same, dip, bread, fry...
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I used Carbquick. Add whatever seasonings you like to the carbquick; egg wash, breading, egg, breading. If your meat is really thick either pound it out or cook til the breading is brown, then bake the meat on a wire rack on a baking sheet another 10-15 minutes until done at about 400 degrees. The carbquick browns fast in the fryer but keeping it on a wire rack keeps it crusty and doesn't let it mush up! I use the left over breading and some of the oil I used to make a country gravy when I'm making country fried steak or chicken.
  • tribal351
    tribal351 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I used Parmesan for a chicken coating that turned out awesome.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds are a great breading. Use an egg wash first.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I used parmesan and pepper after dipping in egg. I also used a mixture of half parmesan and half pork skins. Both are delicious, but I preferred the taste of the plain parmesan.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    I used Carbquick. Add whatever seasonings you like to the carbquick; egg wash, breading, egg, breading. If your meat is really thick either pound it out or cook til the breading is brown, then bake the meat on a wire rack on a baking sheet another 10-15 minutes until done at about 400 degrees. The carbquick browns fast in the fryer but keeping it on a wire rack keeps it crusty and doesn't let it mush up! I use the left over breading and some of the oil I used to make a country gravy when I'm making country fried steak or chicken.

Wow, I hadnt heard of that! Thanks for the tip :smile:
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've used a mix of parmesan and herbs...dip in egg, dredge in parmesan, fry - yum!