Motivation accountability and support august 15-31

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
This is a really quiet time of the year on the board so i thought i would give us a two weeker or 16 days i guess lol!!

Lets share our goals for the end of August and see what September has to bring!!

1) i need to keep drinking water, lots and lots of water
2) make better dinners to curb the snacking
3) sleep better

I have had a harsh few months and struggled every step of the way to keep the weight i lost off!! Now i need to kick past it and get moving!'

Replies

• bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about making better dinners. I really don't want to eat out anymore. I believe that is why I am still having issues when I eat. I just need to think about me and not what everyone else in the house wants. I still find myself caving though at times, that's what I need to work on.

1. Eat at home
    2. Get more water
    3. Exercise more
    4. Sleep better
    5. Log my meals/exercise better.

• bevkidd1
    Options
    I am doing good with the eating at home and xercise but I think I am logging incorrectly with the portions so I started measuring and weighing my food. If that is what I have to do to get it dobe right than that is what I will do. I have to get a handle on this quickly so I can start seeing results again. I have to drink more water....I don't drink nearly enough. I can and WILL do this!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I did good dinners 2 out of 4 days so far! school starts soon kids will be in regular schedule i will have to cook!!

Bevkidd i have had cravings very bad this week for all types of things i shouldn't have... Its hard but finding the little things that satisfying the craving without blowing things, do you have any tricks? I have started throwing out my food right after i think im done so i cant go back and pick at it. Not sure if it is helpful yet
  • bevkidd1
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have a very hard time with the food. I think I am logging the food wrong. I am showing day after day that I have calories left over, I exercise every day now and I am not losing. Maybe I'm not eating enough food, I don't know. Something is off. Tomorrow I weigh for the week but I'm not sure I will see a loss. It's getting very frustrating...
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Bevkidd I find for logging that its best to be very deliberately weighing your food. I got a cheapie food scale and some good measuring cups and it makes a difference. Also to spread my calories throughout the day, using more around meals that i am busier at such as lunch from 12-4 is my busiest part of the day so lunch is my biggest meal. Its not just calories in calories out, otherwise a steady diet of diet pepsi and toast coupled with the gym would have worked for me years ago lol!
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    I have started weighing/measuring my food every meal so hopefully that will help. I am still having health issues so more tests are in my future. I am just tired of feeling sick to my stomach every time I eat something. It's very hard to find things that will not bother me after, or even while I am eating. I just want to feel good again...that may take some time. I just have to keep fighting and hoping some answers come my way soon.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I hope you get answers bevkidd!!

• HLaR79
    Options
    I cant wait for this week to end!!! I am so exhausted i just need a weekend to sleep, and probably some antibiotics for the ear infection i thought healed but didnt!!

Anyways how is everyone else week going
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi, been busy this month so not been checking in here but I have logged my food, water, and exercise all summer which was a goal I set earlier this summer. I agree it is helpful to weigh my food rather than just measure it. I also know if I don't eat enough, I stop losing. It's like my body thinks it's about to go into a famine and holds onto every calorie it can.

Tomorrow is my first day back to school; I am so excited! I have my new clothes picked out, my bags by the door, my salad in a jar packed for the 5 days, my healthy snacks packaged and ready to pack in my new lunch box....and it's only 5 pm.

No real goals right now just concentrating on making healthy choices when I can.
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    I want to keep exercising but my ankles just give me fits every time I go for it. How can I lose weight if I can't eat properly and I can't exercise. Maybe exercise dvd"s are not the answer I'm looking for, but I'm thinking walking isn't my answer either. This is going to be harder than I thought...any other suggestions besides a gym membership? I just don't have any money to spare with all my medical bills still hoverig over my head. I just don't know what else to try.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Bevkidd, while recuperating from several injuries, the physical therapist recommended the Sit and Be Fit series or Ann Smith's Fitness for Seniors. If I wanted to increase the intensity, I used hand weights and exercise bands. It was a great way to be more active despite the ankle and knee injuries. I was able to get them through the library and on Amazon Prime; not sure if you can find them on Netflix or YouTube. Just an idea.

Pre-packing my lunches for the week on Sunday has kept me eating healthy and not going out for fast food so far. I started wearing my Jawbone Up too to track my steps. This has been the most stress free back to school workshop week I have had.