Options
valmaebel
valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
qwmg8orp1rmk.jpeg

Replies

• valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Can't write much at the moment as I need to head out for a quick bike ride and then get kids to school. I'm sorry I've been MIA for a bit here, but it was crazy! Basically, the week leading up to my heading out to Omaha was filled with stress. My good friend had a miscarriage and my best friend lost her job. We also had to put both our dogs down because they were very old and no longer thriving. It was difficult! I had to get kids day for first week of school while also packing for my big race.

My big race was an amazing experience. I got all kinds of cool swag and I managed to finish without being last which was cool. The national championships are something I'm not sure I'll ever qualify for again, but was glad I got to be there. It was incredibly hot, and my times sucked compared to what I've done in the past for that distance, but I had a lot of fun with my dad this past week.

Now back to reality! I'm off for a quick bike ride and then bringing the kids to school, have staff meeting at church, plan to fold the laundry that didn't get folded while I was gone, and cook dinner. Fingers crossed everything goes well!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the race. I know you work hard to be in them.

I have been doing more exercise, walking, hiking, yoga, because my hubbys been twirling down the rabbit hole mentally and its very hard to watch.

Doctor gave him strong meds today and advised him to quit job he was so stressed over missing.

Its hard not to be sad and dissapointed it didn't work out.