LCHF/200+/ Looking for like-minded friends

Options
Mapooh68
Mapooh68 Posts: 32 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
I just started doing LCHF. I was on MFP a year ago, but let Negative Nellie's talk me out of my plan, that was working, but did not fit their ideas of what I need to do. I let people's opinion affect me too much. I got discouraged and quit. A year later I am at the same weight (no gain but still huge). Now, I am back, I deleted all my friends, good and bad because I don't know who's who, and decided to start fresh. I need to loose 250+. Seriously. I tried low carb before but got very little results and sick. Now I realize I ate way too much protein, still believing fat was bad. I am trying to go as natural as possible, too. Like avoiding processed foods, low carb junk made in factories, ect. I also have a cynical view of modern health care and traditional medications. I am looking for like-minded friends on LCHF and accountability buddies. No negative Nellie's please. If your philosophies differ, that is fine and dandy, just don't try to impose them on me. I don't expect my friends to be exactly like me but let's at least be in the same neighborhood. Low carb high fat, maybe some intermittent fasting is my plan and exercise once I get to normal fat girl ststus. I can't do it yet. Thanks for reading and God Bless!

Replies

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    HI, FR sent.....I am LCHF since Jan 2016, T2D ......taking it one day , one meal at a time...some good days , some not so good, but I never give up and I am seeing results.... FINALLY!! So it can take a bit of time for some ...but you can do it!

edited for grammer : /...
  • Riche120
    Riche120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I don't have much left to lose but would love to cheer you on and watch your progress. I'm not much for modern health care either and think most things can be cured with diet (this way of eating has worked wonders for my arthritis and fibro.)
  • spruitt417
    spruitt417 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been doing this since mid month last month and am feeling SO GOOD. Not a negative Nellie here! I'm trying to lose 10. We.. I guess 92 at this point lol :)
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I've been Keto since April and have lost 36 lbs and my health is way better. I've got my daughter on board with LC now too!
  • trish55011
    trish55011 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi @Mapooh68! I am brand new to keto (6 days now) I am with you on the negative Nellie's. And I also think our keto plans are about the same. Please add me as a friend. I need all the encouragement I can get, and I also desire to be an encouragement to others. Look forward to chatting with you soon.
  • nscal
    nscal Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend as well! I totally understand about the negative Nellie's out there. I would always get that from some people that do not understand the LCHF way of life. I just ignore and keep pushing on. I need to loose about 40 lbs and it's going very...very slow, but I hang in there.
  • co_lau
    co_lau Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like.
  • _tierachanel
    _tierachanel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Definitely feel free to add me if you like. Anyone else is welcome to add me as well. I need more friends with lowcarb/keto life style
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP, looking forward to see your posts and progress :)
  • juliegayleh
    juliegayleh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sending FR. I also started last year and was discouraged by diabetes educator and nutritionist. But here I am a year later with even more to lose (70) and out of control T2D. Have an appt with new doc on Sept. 6. We'll see what she says. Looking forward to seeing your posts and success.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well! LCHF, IF, since Jan, 2015. Am down a ton, only about 35-40 left to go.
  • kyox618
    kyox618 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sending you a request as well. I back on LCHF after many years of stopping. I'm really enjoying it again.
  • SunflowerAngel7777
    SunflowerAngel7777 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Mapooh68 wrote: »
    I just started doing LCHF. I was on MFP a year ago, but let Negative Nellie's talk me out of my plan, that was working, but did not fit their ideas of what I need to do. I let people's opinion affect me too much. I got discouraged and quit. A year later I am at the same weight (no gain but still huge). Now, I am back, I deleted all my friends, good and bad because I don't know who's who, and decided to start fresh. I need to loose 250+. Seriously. I tried low carb before but got very little results and sick. Now I realize I ate way too much protein, still believing fat was bad. I am trying to go as natural as possible, too. Like avoiding processed foods, low carb junk made in factories, ect. I also have a cynical view of modern health care and traditional medications. I am looking for like-minded friends on LCHF and accountability buddies. No negative Nellie's please. If your philosophies differ, that is fine and dandy, just don't try to impose them on me. I don't expect my friends to be exactly like me but let's at least be in the same neighborhood. Low carb high fat, maybe some intermittent fasting is my plan and exercise once I get to normal fat girl ststus. I can't do it yet. Thanks for reading and God Bless!

Hi, I'm new to the community, but been doing LC for a couple months. Not sure how to add friends, but if you would like, find me and add me.. only positive vibes here :)
  • jassnip
    jassnip Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friend doing LCHF and IF too. Please add me, I need all the encouragement I can get. :smile:
  • sas1uk
    sas1uk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Unsure how all this social media works but feel free to contact me!! This site has been my salvation, truly. I started 2.5 years ago at 250lbs so I know JUST how you feel! I've lost almost 70lbs, mainly through LCHF. I came into this via Atkins but soon realised my carb count was too low and unsustainable ( my own issues with doing stuff to the " n" the degree I think! :o ). I now hover just under 50 carbs per day, which suits me.

Talk about exercise? Don't wait.....I started on a gym bike thinking I was going to DIE after.......10 minutes!!!! I've just completed a Coast to Coast bike ride here in UK, where I cycled 40 MILES in one day! Who the hell would've thought it?!

You won't find negativism here.....just help and support.
    Go girl! If I can do it..... ANYONE can!
    Sas :)