Confessions of a Weigh-A-Holic

https://bmkfitness.wordpress.com/2016/08/17/confessions-of-a-weigh-a-holic/

I wrote this blog post today, and I hope some of you will read it and share with others. I don't want anyone else to fall into the same trap that I did.

Replies

• TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    I did fall in the scale trap for the longest time. Then I got a Fitbit and just couldn't libe without checking all the numbers all the time. I didn't want to leave the gym until the little bug gave the the number I was looking for. I even refused to do things sometimes if I forgot it! Did it make me happy? No. Did it make me feel better about myself? Nope. Did it make me get in shape, lose weigth faster? Heck no.

Devices and gadgets are amazing and can be excellent tools to help us progress and see where we are going. But that's it. They are not our "friends" and should never have that much power over our liver and feelings. They are just tools. And no, they don't come to life when we go to sleep and they don't have feelings.

Honestly, every time something new comes up, I feel tempted to buy it, (I love tech stuff), thinking that it will be the thing that will change my life for better forever (just like when I was a kid andkept dreaming about something I wanted and how much everything would be so awesome when I got it, just to find out it wasn't a big deal the moment I laid my hands on it). But luckily I am quite busy right now and by the time I can actually sit down and order or go buy it, I forgot all about. Saves me money and sanity.

Dump the scale. Focus on living your life and enjoying the small progresses that you do everyday. Focus on the good little things that you see in the mirror. Listen to the compliments you may be getting and accept them. Even though you may not see, if you are eating what you are supposed to eat and doing what you are supposed to do, improvements are happening, even when you don't see them.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL

• dipitie
    dipitie Posts: 25 Member
    I actually like weighing myself daily, but I don't get caught up in the specific numbers because they can mean so many things. Instead I use an app called Happy Scale and it rounds out the numbers for me so I can better see trends. Honestly, I tend to slowly creep up in weight when I'm not cutting, so it's helpful for me to weigh daily. Usually, if I don't want to weigh myself that means I totally went off the deep end and need to reel it in.