Sleep is not agreeing with me, help!

Options
I've been trying to get better sleep on this diet, but it seems like a vicious cycle. I'll get little sleep or sleep light, then I'm exhausted during the day, then overtired in the evening which creates a struggle for me to get to sleep again. :s I'm really having a hard time focusing at work. I've been on keto since July 9th, and is just been a little over a week since the sleep issues started. I was doing so well. Any suggestions??

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Try taking "natural calm" in the evening just before you go to bed. The poor sleep may be your body's way of telling you that you are magnesium deficient.
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can make an attempt and meditation or mindfulness to help with your stress? It can be difficult to "learn" but it's worth the time. Of course the end result will be a better sleep.
  • xoberutangis
    xoberutangis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get enough water as well (and salts, I drink a lot of electrolyte water myself), sounds like something is out of balance. The problem I have always had is I have way too much energy on keto, sometimes have to be sure I work out, or walk a bunch or something before I intend to sleep (also very important to actually get as close to 8 hours of sleep as you can, since your body does a lot of repairs and work while sleeping)