Back on Medifast

Options
So I lost about 35 lbs on medifast 4 years ago before adopting my son internationally. I tried to stay on plan while away but was in a country where they would not customize any meals, I struggled to know what I was ordering, I wanted to try new things, etc. after 2 months I came home, having gained only a few pounds but the temptation of American food especially hamburgers and chicken strips which I hadnt had for over 6 months was more than I could handle, especially with a new american child who really wanted all these food he had heard about. Since then I've heard a lot of bad stuff about women consuming soy and this being a soy diet... I didn't want to go back. But the pounds have ALL crept back, I feel like crap, I feel awful about myself and I can't seem to get the wait off. I absolutely LOVE Trime Healthy mama cooking but it is a slow taking off of pounds and I need a quick off. So my L&Gs with my family dinners will likely come from THM and I understand better the foods to put in my body in what order. So I am getting ready to restart. I'm pretty excited because when I stay on, I know I will lose BIG TIME! looking for some incentive buddies to help me and get a bit competitive with ;) Who is with me?

Replies

• naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Ooooh I have good news for you about the soy! I work with a Take Shape for Life coach, and they now have an exclusive line from Medifast - Optavia (non-gmo, and I don't think there is as much soy based stuff). Google it or ask your health coach if you have one. I eat the regular MF foods and Optavia foods on the 5 & 1 (and my L&G) and love it. Friend me, if you like. I don't get real competitive, but I will definitely cheer you on!
  • Jim_Griffin
    Jim_Griffin Posts: 6 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I am right there with you. About 4 to 5 years ago, I lost about 40 pounds in 3 months with Medifast, and I looked and felt great. That was about all I could take though...three months of the food...and I finally needed to eat some real food. I kept the weight off for a few years...but it crept back slowly over that time. So...just a short while ago, I decided to order the 14 day trial...and get back onto the program. I hope/plan to lose at least 40 pounds...I'd really like to lose about 50 to 60 pounds this time.

Same here...I am not very competitive...but certainly feel free to friend me and we can watch/support each other in our progress.

Happy New Year! Best wishes in getting and staying healthy!!
  • Ciws70
    Ciws70 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Excellent - nice to see some MF support here on MFP. I know many MFP users are skeptical about the plan. Please feel free to friend me as well and good luck everyone!
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I used MF from 2009-2010 and lost 125 lbs. Kept it off for about three years then the weight started creeping back on. I started again this last Tuesday. I've already lost 6 lbs. Woot! However, I was extremely bummed to find out that MF did away with their community boards. They are still there, but like a ghost town. So I'm so glad to know that there is a group here on MFP! Good luck everyone. we can do this!
  • ketokayli
    ketokayli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started on Friday! I did a different, but similar, plan a few years ago and had great success. I got pregnant and had a baby and I've had difficulty getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I developed hypothyroidism after having my daughter so I'm not sure how it will go this time, but hoping for the best!