What's your biggest hurdle right now?

Options

Replies

• jmroemer
    jmroemer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @melodyis4reals I feel the same way. With my first daughter the pounds did just fall off with breastfeeding. This time it just seems like I keep gaining cause I am always starving. I'm in a breastfeeding group on facebook and I've heard from a bunch of women on there that for some people the weight doesn't fall off.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, I could never lose weight until my babies started solids.
  • kimpacheco22
    kimpacheco22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @melodyis4reals It's okay to whine, that's what we're here for. I've been wearing the same handful of outfits for the past three years because I refuse to buy new "bigger" clothes. I'm determined to fit back into my old "smaller" clothes. Hang in there, you will get into your old size as long as you keep pushing forward... I wish you a speedy recovery.
  • marlies74
    marlies74 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I remember when I was starving during BF ALLL the time, good old-fashioned oatmeal porridge was my saviour. (Never heard of overnight oats back then, LOL).
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Biggest hurdle this weekend, I pulled a muscle showing off. It was my own fault but I can't let that slow me down (too much). So finding that balance between healing and activity.
  • fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Biggest hurdle is finding time to fit everything in.

I am planning to go gym or workout at home next week at least 3 times.

It sounds really easy, but when you think you need to work, do the school runs. Along with the cooking, cleaning and ironing. There's not much time left.

I am focused - just need to stay focused.
    As the end result will be amazing
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Biggest hurdle is finding time to fit everything in.

I am planning to go gym or workout at home next week at least 3 times.

It sounds really easy, but when you think you need to work, do the school runs. Along with the cooking, cleaning and ironing. There's not much time left.

I am focused - just need to stay focused.
    As the end result will be amazing

It's so challenging! You have your eye on the goal and that will make a huge difference in how you do.
  • jenniebean310
    jenniebean310 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    @melodyis4reals I only noticed the breastfeeding help shed the pounds (and not as incredibly as they preach) with my first. Hang in there & keep your chin up. You know your goal and while it may get delayed some don't loose sight of it. We are here for you.
  • jenniebean310
    Options
    I got hit hard with horrible family stress right after back to school. Then kids sports fired back up, the scale stopped moving and we lost a close friend so between stress & depression I slipped into a rut... I apologize for my absence. I'm trying to get back in the game but am struggling really hard right now to find the motivation.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Don't wait for motivation to show up! Make some goals and follow through with those goals and then motivation will join you on the road. I swear I'm motivated about half the time but I have a long term exercise goal of 30 minutes a day, no matter what and I'll tell you, I've never regretted exercising after the fact.
  • sNachers
    sNachers Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @jenniebean310 I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and recent hard times. It IS tough to get back in the game after things like that happen. Maybe start with a small goal for the week? Like hitting a step goal, or daily exercise goal? Sometimes just accomplishing something small has helped my mind get back on track. I hope you start feeling more like yourself soon ☺️
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I got hit hard with horrible family stress right after back to school. Then kids sports fired back up, the scale stopped moving and we lost a close friend so between stress & depression I slipped into a rut... I apologize for my absence. I'm trying to get back in the game but am struggling really hard right now to find the motivation.

I am struggling a little at the moment too. We have a court case on Thursday and I am so nervous, it's taking up all my mental energy! Looking forward to having it done on Friday!! (We are in a fight with the state over disability funding for my 19 year old.)
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    @jenniebean310 - I'm so sorry for your loss. Take things day by day but be sure you take care of yourself.

@akmomof7 - Praying things go well for you guys in your court case!!
  • jenniebean310
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words, hanging in there.

@akmomof7 I'm sorry to hear about your battle, I can only imagine. I wish you all the best in court!
  • mrslambert824
    mrslambert824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    have a lot going on right now, and it feels like it's been this way for a long time, my baby is almost 3 months, but the pregnancy was hard, we had lots of bleeding until I was 6 months along and a total of 5 trips to the ER. In my 7th month my mother committed suicide, she lived in a different state so I couldn't go to the funeral because my Drs were worried about the baby still. Rowan was born and two weeks later my husbands grandmother, who lives with us now, had a massive stroke after a quadruple bypass, so once she is done with rehab I will have a newborn and elderly stroke victim to care for; and now to top it all off our old landlord is suing us because he doesn't want to give us our deposit back so he's saying we caused all this damage that we didn't and we have to go to small claims court. It's just been one thing after another. I gained over 60lbs during my pregnancy and it is hard to focus on eating healthy and taking care of myself with all of this, the majority of my energy goes to being present for my son. I'm going back to work tomorrow as well, so this is my last day with him.

I'm sorry ladies to dump all this here. I don't mean to be a downer, I'm actually a pretty positive person if you can believe that!
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Aww, mrslambert, that sounds rough!! I am so glad your son is here and healthy! I hope husband's grandma is able to recover quickly! Good luck with your court case!! Ours is progressing, but not done yet.. we ended up with a continuance on Thursday. A lawyer with disability law is looking over our case tomorrow, hoping they agree to take on the case! Trying to fight with the state feels a little like a David and Goliath situation, would be nice to have a disability law expert on our side!!

Over the weekend, I lost my log in streak!! Last Sunday, Elise, one of the twins, dumped my phone in the toilet and I have been without a phone all week, and over the weekend, I turned off my computer and forgot to log anything.. oops. My new phone is supposed to be here today *fingers crossed*, so I can get back on track!
  • sNachers
    Options
    @mrslambert824 Wow, you certainly do have a lot going on. I am sorry everything seems to be just stacking up on top of each other. It's understandable that fitness isn't a big thing on your mind right now. I hope that the grandmother is still independent enough to do things on her own, or at least SOME things on her own. You are obviously a caring person to help her in her time of need. Don't overwhelm yourself with trying to do everything all at once, take one thing at a time and do your best. That's all that matters :)
    It seems that court cases are a common theme in our group. I too have a court case pending. I've been going through it for over 2 years now. I was sexually harassed and stalked and retaliated against at my previous place of employment. Not long after I notified my employer of being harassed and stalked, I was fired. Here's the kicker, I was a Corrections Officer and my own Sheriff told me that being stalked by one of his employees wasn't an "immediate threat" and so they were not going to do anything about it. I had no one else to turn to. I had to work with my stalker, on the same shift, for nearly 2 more months while he followed me on camera everywhere I went. He still works there. What a world we live in.
    Anywaaaaaaay, after reading the struggles us ladies have had to or are currently facing, I feel we are all so STRONG! We are pushing through our hard time and still bettering ourselves along the way! This might seems silly to some, but I am reminded of my new favorite song by Katy Perry called "Rise". It is such an inspirational, motivating song. "Victory is in your veins!"
  • mrslambert824
    mrslambert824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @akmomof7 @sNachers
    WOW what the heck is happening with court?! How interesting it is that we are all dealing with that! Thank you both for your words of support. I appreciate it so much!

@sNachers I can't imagine going through that. Although, I am a therapist and used to run a rape crisis center, so I have heard that story one too many times. I hate that the system isn't more supportive of survivors of sexual abuse. I just won't ever understand it, I'm so sorry you're going through that but so glad you are out of that situation now!

I am trying to stay positive and look at the bright side of things. It seems like all of this has really affected my milk supply. I don't know if I'm not eating enough or what! When I'm stressed I never feel like eating so I have to force myself to...I should probably try to get back on the wagon there.

And you're right, we are ALL strong women! My inspiration song is "rise up" by andra day. similar message :)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I am so sorry you ladies are dealing with so much. Thinking of you all!
  • sNachers
    Options
    I'm realizing another hurdle, again its all me. Weekends. Every weekend I slip up. All week I eat healthy, exercise 3+ times and try to get those steps in as well. Then the weekend hits and I'm like "sure, lets go out to eat, and why not get that big chicken sandwich with fries!" ugh. Why am I struggling so hard with myself and my own decisions?!? :|