Ive gained too much weight...now I hate myself

Options
ThickBabe
ThickBabe Posts: 5 Member
I used to go to My fitness pal to help myself to eat healthy about 3 years ago. I was abe to eat healthy and loose weight. However, I kept gaining weight after loosing my membership at the gym and was starving 24/7. Now many years later my life problems where getting more and more worse.
My dad hates me and my mom
My grandma died and other family members.
I dont have a good job
I broke my ankle due to my weight
And i dont go out
Now I weigh 200 pounds and cant loose it at all. i continue eating junk food and not being active. I despretly wish I was attractive so I can wear pretty clothes and have complements instead of being told that "im fat" or "you need to loose weight".

Replies

• alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    First of all, you are beautiful no matter how much you way! Everyone else who judges you is obviously insecure about themselves so tell them to shove it. I'm sorry for the hard times you're going through. I completely understand..All I want to do is eat when I'm stressed. If you need a buddy on here, feel free to add me and we'll do it together. I'm at 268 right now, started at 283. You are worth it! It's going to be full of ups and down, but that's the journey :)
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    weigh, I mean..dangitt I hate when I do that
  • motivatedeeat74
    motivatedeeat74 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    istop beating yourself up and start today let us communicate I am in the same boat let us sail together!awesome.dee@live.com looking forward to your reply!!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    You can turn this around and get back in healthy eating. Just take it ine day at a time. You did it before and you can do it again. Best wishes!
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You can do this. But first you need to define what "this" is for you. Think beyond weight, numbers etc... That can and will be a by product of healthy stress management, and finding your happy!!!!
  • 88Genesee
    88Genesee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can relate as well. However, I keep reminding myself that this journey is not just about me yet more about me living my best. Do get this confused with existing, which is what I have been doing for the past few years. I have children and now grandchildren that I want to create new memories for. Living is not a spectator sport. For me, I am having to find priorities in my life, which I wouldn't change for anyone. This tactic is working so far, so I thought I would share it. Remember, you are worth living for, which means you are worth the effort to do this.
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Be gentle with yourself. When your feelings about the circumstances of your life get to be overwhelming, try talking to yourself the way you would to a beloved friend. If your friend were under these enormous stresses, and then got down on herself for not eating perfectly, you would speak loving encouragement - the kind of loving encouragement that seems absent from your life. You would lift your friend up. You deserve to be lifted up yourself.
  • txfyreflye
    txfyreflye Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ThickBabe wrote: »
    I used to go to My fitness pal to help myself to eat healthy about 3 years ago. I was abe to eat healthy and loose weight. However, I kept gaining weight after loosing my membership at the gym and was starving 24/7. Now many years later my life problems where getting more and more worse.
    My dad hates me and my mom
    My grandma died and other family members.
    I dont have a good job
    I broke my ankle due to my weight
    And i dont go out
    Now I weigh 200 pounds and cant loose it at all. i continue eating junk food and not being active. I despretly wish I was attractive so I can wear pretty clothes and have complements instead of being told that "im fat" or "you need to loose weight".

Ohmy.
    First of all, nobody has the right to get in your face and say that you're "fat" or "need to lose weight". As if they don't think you've already thought it? They're just speaking their inadequacy.

Second, there's a lot going on there that probably should be talked over with your family dr. or a religious leader, counselor or someone you trust who is trained in the area of family dynamics.

But here's my question for you:

What do you think makes a person "attractive?"

Reading this post makes me think you're a person who is open, honest, able to see things around her.. all traits that are highly attractive!

Taking the weight off should be related to all of your life, especially long term health benefits. Working on seeing the beautiful you inside is equally as important.

Do you have certain talents or gifts? Things you like to do? Hobbies? Collections? Add me to your friends if you like. I would like to hear about your interests. But I bet others would, too.