Options
valmaebel
valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
b5ym0joq7nq5.jpeg

Replies

• valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I love book clubs! I used to be part of an online book club. Then things got crazy and I fell out of the habit. I think I may need to join up again when they start a new book in September.

Had a fun ladies night with the ladies from my bible study last night. We watched Mothers Day and made specialty drinks. It was a lot of fun. Eating was obviously not great, but I'm giving myself one day a week for the fun stuff. We had it at my house since my hubby works, so I just put the kids to bed and then we all hung out. We're hoping to make this a more regular thing.

Biked 35 miles Saturday morning, and going to try and run 9 miles tonight. Normally work out in the mornings, but with ladies night I was up late, and tomorrow is my rest day so I won't have to worry about back to back workouts.

Happy Sunday!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Good for you, my daughter with kids has a once a month social night. She used to have bookclub but not at this base. It must be hard starting over every 2-3 yrs with friends. She is married to officer in military. They are in Texas now.

I liked the new club but just like my other bookclub older than me. I am looking for some friends my age or a few years younger since i am very active with hiking and stuff. Can't believe how many unfit older people there are.

Went to open house for Olli yesterday, that is classes for over 50 through university here. I signed up for some. Met the teachers, nice ladies. Classes start next month.

Just got back from walk with hubby. I got him out to beach yesterday. He stopped taking the heavy medication and slowly trying to come in out of fog of depression. He is better but keeps making negative statements. I'm not letting him vent it to me now, my new thing to say is talk to your counselor about that. He was trying to use me as a counselor venting and ranting angry stuff, it was too much for me.