Weekly Post 21.08. - 27.08.16

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
My weight came down quite a bit with last weeks fasts and not going over my maintainance cals on the other days. I was a little high this weekend, but not too bad. Another month or two like this and I should be much closer to where I want to be.

No official exercise today, but no food logging either....spent the day at my sisters renovation site. 6hrs of cleaning, carrying, taping and moving stuff around. With only two meals and a small snack, I think it was OK cal wise even without counting, especially after carrying about 400kg of ceramic tiles up to the second floor. Weight training and cardio all in one :p Legs are a little sore from my run yesterday and body is tired from the work today, thus I'm calling it a night.

Fast planned for tomorrow and as the weather should be very nice this week, I will try to ride my bike to work twice. Possibly the last time this year...I don't ride my bike in the dark and our days are getting markably shorter.

Have a great week and easy fasts :)

Replies

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Sounds like great progress and activity Fluni! I hiked 15 miles with a friend yesterday and I am moving a bit slowly today. Fast day tomorrow here as well.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Fasting today. Had a weird food weekend. Pizza night on saturday with the girls but the pizza made my stomach really uncomfortable. I don't think I'm used to copious amounts of melted cheese and spicy sausage anymore, which makes me a little sad as I really enjoy eating it. Sunday, I was ravenous. Ate far more than usual, way over maintenance calories. Not sure whether that was related to the pizza or just a weird hormonal day. Today I feel normal and actually pleased that it's a fast day so I don't have to think about food until this evening!
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Fast day here today. Weird weekend. I was still not feeling well, and took a short nap Saturday and then after church yesterday slept most of the afternoon away. Can finally breathe through my nose again and my throat doesn't feel like I swallowed glass today. My allergies on the other hand are kicking my butt! Already had to pick up a kiddo from school sick. She came home took Nyquil and crawled into bed. She made it through an hour of school, wonder who's next? I might just crawl into bed with her and take a nap too. I did manage to already get 10,000 steps in and my Cize workout so I feel like it seems like a good way to spend the next hour. Hope everyone is having a Great Day!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Sounds like a nasty virus you and your family picked up. Hope you feel better soon!

My fast day is on the box and I have tai chi again after summer break. Always a welcome distraction on a Monday fast :p
  • dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Long time no post. I experienced a self induced set back where for 3 weeks I didn't fast 2x per week, didn't exercise, and over indulged on weekends. Result was a few pounds weight gain where I reached the cliff of seeing a number above the 150s! I determined last Tuesday I wad not going backwards further, so I pledged No Alcohol for a week and I succeeded! As a result, the weekend didn't end with over indulgence and my weight has come back down.
    I can't workout like I want to (pulled quad or something in my right leg/hip keeps me from running), so I took a hot yoga class Monday. 600 calorie burn later and I now know where I'll be every Monday for a while! I just have to be patient so my leg heals and I can go back to running.
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I HARE getting injured, Dryheat. If it prevents or hinders your ability to do your favorite activity, it is as much a detriment to your mental health as it does your physical! Here's to a speedy recovery!

I've got my second FD planned today. Yesterday's ballet class resulted in sore muscles I didn't know existed. But I love it when that happens, so it's all good. I'm loving being around all these college kids. I love showing them what 47 can look like and what it can do.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Well done on hitting the breaks, dryheat! And I hope your quad heals quickly.

Won't be having a second fast this week....took today off and spent it on the Rhine with my SUP - 4.5h paddling plus breaks B) Was a beautiful day and probably the last long tour this year.

Starting point right under the Rhinefall
    gm7k5ze7n0jr.jpg

pfo0wp2ob8lz.jpg

On my way to the train station after a wonderful day.
    mnci0kf3fcxn.jpg

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yay for all the activity everyone! Yoga, ballet, paddle boarding, 10,000 steps - nice. A fast for me today ended at almost 700 cal. Note to self, pesto is not a good choice on a fast day. Lunch tomorrow after work with girlfriends but it will be a veggie sandwich at our favorite German bakery. Have a great weekend all.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you dryheat :D

I had an easy FD yesterday, didn't seem to notice at all that I wasn't eating much. Today, I'm having salmon and champagne to celebrate a year of no smoking :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Good to have you back @dryheatfitness
    CONGRATULATIONS Oolou!! "Cheers" to your achievement!!!

A few times this week I've forgotten to turn my walking app off only to drive home via the store etc then arrive home to find I've walked 24 miles ha! Hate when I do that. I've had only one fast day per week for several weeks now and I'm a little above my measurements but not too bad. I'm really blaming the heat for my lack of willpower!

Flumi your kayaking adventures sound awesome thanks for the pics!

Flossy glad you are enjoying your new ballet class! Those young gals will be inspired by you!!! I admire your dedicated mindset to stick with something you love!

Good luck to all those with kids back at school!!! This time of year was always a mixed bag of emotions !

My next fast day?.... I'm just going to wing it!! :p