Week 21 Daily Check-In Thread for (Monday August 22nd through Sunday August 28th)

Options
2»

Replies

• heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    AZLisaLou wrote: »
    I'm looking back at all your ladies' posts and I see that everyone reports all the exercise they've done. I wish I could even get myself to exercise. Is it even ok for me to be in this group since I only report on my calorie goal successes/failures and my glucose stories? My focus right now is trying to get my food addiction under control. Ugh. I feel like I'm PMS'ing, but it's not time yet. I just want to make sure it's ok for me to be in this group if I'm not exercising like the rest of you are yet.
    AZLisaLou wrote: »
    I'm looking back at all your ladies' posts and I see that everyone reports all the exercise they've done. I wish I could even get myself to exercise. Is it even ok for me to be in this group since I only report on my calorie goal successes/failures and my glucose stories? My focus right now is trying to get my food addiction under control. Ugh. I feel like I'm PMS'ing, but it's not time yet. I just want to make sure it's ok for me to be in this group if I'm not exercising like the rest of you are yet.

You have to start somewhere! And if you try starting everything all at once you will never succeed, start with one thing at a time and fine tune it and move onto the next :) We all support each other here for more than just fitness :)
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Well it is after 5pm, I am still stuck at work...not sure how long I will be here but I am starving! lol We are supposed to meet up for a "dinner party" with a group of friends at a place called "Sweet Tomatoes/ Soup Plantation" at 8 pm....I have never been before but I hear it's buffet style.....lookout ! this may be trouble because I feel like my tummy is eating itself, being that it is Friday I have eaten most of my hidden snacks for the week already lol I did my usual 10 sets of each -20squats, 50+Calf Raises, and 12 Lunges, but there will be no exercising after work since I have no clue when I will get home and I have to get ready to go out to eat...as usual you all probably will not hear from me until Monday lol Have a great weekend ladies!
  • AZLisaLou
    AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @NadiaMayl @Kerryatoon and @heatherc369 Thank you for your huge show of support. I guess I just felt a little awkward not being on your exercise level. Yes, we all have our own journey, and I am proud of my successes so far. I'm glad I get to be here, because reading all your posts is inspiring to me. I had a giant boost yesterday when I had a glucose reading of only 122!!! It should be 110 or lower before a meal, and I started out at 356 a little over a month ago. Today's are a little higher, but still in the mid 100's. I still consider today a good one.

My problem today is that it's 3:15 pm and I just ate all my calories that were for dinner. lol kinda funny...I was cleaning out the freezer and found a bag of frozen chicken in some kind of sauce, but I'm not sure what it was. I figured it must have been good the first time around if I froze the leftovers. So I made some rice and heated the mystery chicken up. It was actually really good, although I'm still not entirely sure which recipe it was. I think it was a Hawaiian sweet and spicy recipe, but I can't pinpoint it. Anyways, I just thought that was kind of funny eating the "unknown specimens" from the freezer. (and to my defense, I have over 10 pages of recipes listed in my profile for MFP and a 3 inch binder packed to the gills with recipes. So it's not completely absurd that I don't which one it is.)

Thank you all again for being so supportive!!! I appreciate you all and I look forward to continuing to share our journeys together!!!
  • AZLisaLou
    AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I did it a week early! I surpassed my August weight loss goal. My goal was 5 lbs by 9/2, and this morning I was at 5.4. yea me!!!