Pedaling Goadies - Weekend Recap

Swtdwy
Swtdwy Posts: 83 Member
Did you get out and ride your bike this weekend? Tell us about it!

Replies

• Swtdwy
    Swtdwy Posts: 83 Member
    DW and I did the Cool Breeze century on Saturday. My fifth year doing it. Last minute kinda thing. we did crisscross with some people we knew, but by and large we just rode together.

Always a good ride. Great weather including a glorious tailwind the last 20 miles home. Those aren't hard miles anyway but I was toast by that time. Overall I rode pretty well, considering I'm about 30% slower (climbing) than I was two years ago. Since it was just the two of us, we pretty much only stopped at the rest stops. With more people, we tend to regroup every other mile or so. Anyway, lot's of beautiful coastal scenery. The best stretch, IMO, is the 10 or so miles through the hills of Montecito - ocean views, fun windy mountain road, multi-million dollar estates all over the place (of course they're all hidden behind gates.

Here's the route https://strava.com/activities/683125592. If you can't read that I'll export it to a gpx and load it in RideWithGPS. Just over 100 miles with about 4500'.

Sunday did a partial ride with our normal group. 5 of us went out slower (some because they want to ride slower, me because I wanted a recovery ride). And boy was I slow! My legs felt like dead weight. But a managed to get in 27 miles. Legs are hurting today!
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Swtdwy - your ride looks awesome! I bet there were some spectacular views!

I did my more interesting rides earlier in the week when we were up in northern Wisconsin (Bayfield). Just an easy 9 mile round trip commute to a 10K running race for me yesterday.