Fat Head Pizza Question

Options
BaconSan2
BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
Can you use coconut flour instead of almond flour in making fat head pizza?

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I would think that the coconut flour would impart a different taste and also soak up more moisture so you would have to add an extra egg. Never tried it though!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I've heard that you can but it may make it very dry if you don't add extra moisture it's worth trying though. Let us know how it turns out if you do make it that way.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I tried it with coconut flour and it was very dry. maybe like Samantha said, add more egg
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Mom has a recipe for fathead pizza that is nut-flour free, she uses coconut flour instead because her son is allergic to tree nuts - http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/grain-free-nut-free-low-carb-pizza/
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I've heard you're supposed use less coconut flour and add an extra egg.
    Somewhere (I think Pinterest) I saw a graphic that had different special flours and how much to adjust each to fit standard recipes.
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am going to give it a try.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    Sugar Free Mom has a recipe for fathead pizza that is nut-flour free, she uses coconut flour instead because her son is allergic to tree nuts - http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/grain-free-nut-free-low-carb-pizza/

Thanks for this. My son has a tree nut allergy and I hadn't experimented with coconut flour yet. :) This will help!
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I tried sugar free mom's recipe one time and liked it. I didn't have tapioca flour so substituted flax meal and it still came out good.