Who's getting sucked back into WoW?

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    jesslla wrote: »
    I'm playing WoW a lot lately. I can't afford a sub right now, so I'm playing the Starter Edition and grinding for achievements. As soon as I can though I'll be subbing again, because I miss playing with my level 95 belf. I don't raid though, pretty much just solo, and I've heard a lot of Legion is multiplayer/raid only? I dunno, I'll still buy the expansion when I can.

Didn't they finally go the Eve Online route and create a way to pay for your sub with in game currency?

They did but you have to have been active enough to make the gold in the first place

Fair point. I know when my ex started playing again, I had given her whatever gold I has when I quit, and it was apparently enough at that time. It was only a few thousand, if I remember right. Been gone since Garrosh, so the memory is hazy.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    I think this is the most enjoyable expac since BC, and it might be giving BC a run for its money. The sheer amount of story and content and variety for your main is incredible. That said, I feel more locked into one class/spec than I have at any point. I certainly don't have the time to plough into farming enough artifact power to be fully raid-competitive on more than one spec/one class, even if the getting of the artifact power is not particularly grindy.

When they first introduced 1 month Game Tokens, you could get them for about 20,000 gold. They're running close to 60,000 gold each now. I used to buy them, but at this price I don't play enough to make that money.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Honestly I felt MOP was the most class-locked xpac. It had so many dailies that you really HAD to do (remember, tier was rep locked?), so that you really had no time to level alts.

Currently my warrior and DH are well geared. I have a DK and Pally who are up and coming. I guess I don't have enough time to get them well-geared, but I'm getting them through the profession quests.

The only thing I'd complain about is that some of the crafting professions seem useless (blacksmithing, leatherworking). I guess they're coming out with crafted legendaries, but they don't look that great...
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    jesslla wrote: »
    I'm playing WoW a lot lately. I can't afford a sub right now, so I'm playing the Starter Edition and grinding for achievements. As soon as I can though I'll be subbing again, because I miss playing with my level 95 belf. I don't raid though, pretty much just solo, and I've heard a lot of Legion is multiplayer/raid only? I dunno, I'll still buy the expansion when I can.

Didn't they finally go the Eve Online route and create a way to pay for your sub with in game currency?

Yeah, but it's like 50-60 thousand gold on my server. The highest I've ever got was 7,000 gold. I'm not great at making gold.

I did buy a two month sub, and just hit level 100 on my belf. Now I'll start leveling my gnome and see if I can get to 100 on her before my sub runs out.
  • sunariel1
    sunariel1 Posts: 34 Member
    I'm playing, thinking about leaving again... too much time adds too much weight. LoL. That's my time management issue though. If any of you play Horde and need a healer or a dps send a tell and I'll give you my BattleTag :smiley:
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    I'm resubbing today going horde and leveling a character from level one. I'm thinking Warlock or mage
  • FlyingBeagles
    FlyingBeagles Posts: 19 Member
    Kinda wanna get into WoW... Thinking that this summer might be a good time to try it out. Except grinding through the awful beginner levels sounds terrible.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    The beginner levels are the most fun.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    I have been struggling to stay away. Fortunately life is preventing me from gaming much lately, so that will hold me back for now. But I am sure I'll be back once life gets less crazy and I'll be horde tanking all the way!
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Off and on player since Vanilla. I usually take a hiatus towards the end of an expansion. But as of now, I have 24 level 110's. One of each class on Alliance. One of each class on Horde.

I'm such a loser. haha
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    I have been away from WoW since the start of legion....and I got sucked back because the lore had me curious. Alliance holy priest if anyone needs mythic + heals
  • I recently got back into WoW...and I am loving the lore! I'm not much of a raider, but for the first time I'm really considering it (I'm coming for you Kil'Jaeden
  • DanielleFayeS
    DanielleFayeS Posts: 1,957 Member
    I've played off and on for years. I'm going to buy Legion (finally) for the Black Friday sale I think. I'm trying to finally mop up the last acheives for "What a Long Strange Trip It's Been" this year.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    That new trailer. Wow...
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Gave up after legion came out, felt like it was a let down but do miss it, thinking about going back once I have budgeted enough to afford the sub fee lol
  • Did you all hear about the vanilla version coming back? From Blizzard, not the unofficial version that's already been out there for a while.
  • DanielleFayeS
    DanielleFayeS Posts: 1,957 Member
    I did that sounds pretty exciting, I'd like to see the world before Cataclysm again. I just started playing Legion and it's better than I expected.
  • Once_superman
    Once_superman Posts: 8 Member
    Playing vanilla WoW would be awesome and I think fun again although it sounds like it may take some time before it happens.
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    my friend got me back into WoW, last I played was WotLK, so it's kinda cool going through all the new changes, not sure how I feel about the simplified talent system now though ... also, FOR THE ALLIANCE!
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    BaristaX wrote: »
    my friend got me back into WoW, last I played was WotLK, so it's kinda cool going through all the new changes, not sure how I feel about the simplified talent system now though ... also, FOR THE ALLIANCE!

FOR THE HORDE!
    TallPertinentEuropeanfiresalamander-size_restricted.gif