You do intakes? Wow!

Options
mittencat77
mittencat77 Posts: 137 Member
I saw on someone else's thread that you do intakes/give advice. I have copied the questions below. Would love some guidance as I am stuck. I will start by saying I am 42, 4'11 and 101lbs. I exercise a lot...always have...but I am soft and the results do not reflect my efforts. A friend of mine always says, weight just comes with aging. I wonder about this - on one hand, I understand things slow down but I also see a lot of seniors at my gym who are in top shape (I live in the fittest city in my country -- 90 year olds run marathons here! seriously).

Any advice you have would be appreciated!

1) What's your current intake of calories, on average? I am at 1200. My diary is open. I was not eating enough before (would net low). Just up'ed this week so that I am closer to 1200.

2) What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams? I am not good at watching this (maybe that is the problem?). Our diet is pretty mediterranean so high in fat. Carbs 165, Fat 40, Protein 45.....but this is what mfp has set me at. I don't really watch it.

3) Do you use a food scale and measure everything? Yes

4) Do you track all of your intake, daily? (Everything?): Yes. The only thing I miss is I occasionally have a piece of dark chocolate. Will start logging it. I am currently eating more veg and fruit and fewer starches.

5) Do you take cheat days or days off? I have. Only when unavoidable (e.g., family events)

6) How much weight have you lost so far? I have lost about 10 lbs in the past and have kept it off. The was about a decade ago.

7) What is your activity like, both exercise and non-exercise? My work involves sitting. I exercise 3-5 days a week, depending on how busy I am. My work is 28 weeks a year, 7 days a week and then nothing. When working it is hard to get 3 days. When not, I workout 5 days a week. I ran half-marathons but then had a knee injury. Had surgery and the surgeon told me I would never be able to run again (irreparable chondral lesion). So I go to the gym. Weights 2x's a week. Other days cardio. As it is summer, I am doing North Vancouver's Grouse Grind 2x's a week: a one hour stairclimbing hike (brutal - see link below). I spend the other day on machines: 1 hr of elliptical, rowing machine, stat bike...whatever. Grouse: http://www.grousemountain.com/grousegrind

8) How long have you eaten at your previous amount and what happened in that time frame? I have been eating to keep under 1200 for 2.5 months. Lost about one or two lbs (weight that I put on during a trip to Italy that was food debauchery....did so in the first couple of weeks). Now back to my usual stall.

9) What's your height, current weight and if you know it, bodyfat%? 4'11, 101lbs, no idea.

10) If you're stalled, for how long and is it a complete stall (zero change in weight)? I would say my weight has been stalled for a very long time (other than some very minor fluctuations of a pound or two: 3 years). I have some muscle but it is like I have a coat of padding over it that just will not go away. I feel like I have always had this except once for a period of about 6 months. It seems that there were several things happening then: 1. Some more weight training (now the grind leaves me tired - wondering if it is too much - I wear a HRM and I am usually 160-170 the entire hour. 2. I was in a swim club - it was intervals. My back is a bit off (previous herniated disc injury) and I find swimming can tweak it so scared to go back. 3. I was not eating any starchy carbs at dinner.

Are you breastfeeding?: No

Do you have thyroid issues/risks or PCOS?: I don't know.

I do not eat meat. I do eat fish and eggs.

Any advice you have would be much appreciated! (and I think I have found some answers in just answering these questions).
Thanks.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • mittencat77
    mittencat77 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    look forward to hearing your thoughts.Have done quite a bit of reading today and am thinking I likely need more time with weights.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I will start by saying I am 42, 4'11 and 101lbs. I exercise a lot...always have...but I am soft and the results do not reflect my efforts. A friend of mine always says, weight just comes with aging. I wonder about this - on one hand, I understand things slow down but I also see a lot of seniors at my gym who are in top shape (I live in the fittest city in my country -- 90 year olds run marathons here! seriously).

We will get to the specifics shortly, but I would like to address this piece.

I am 45 years old (very soon to be 46) and am the lightest I have been since about puberty (well, I was until a few months ago when I went on an intentional bulk). My current avi was taken about a week ago (although I do admit that it is at a flattering angle). I was overweight and unfit when I started in March of last year.

There are also some very fit women on here who are older.