September Challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    @icozaFB87 you can track it how ever you like! They're your goals so however you do your diary is probably the easiest. I use net calories. If I weren't eating back exercise, I'd do gross.
  • vrokhfit
    vrokhfit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    @icozaFB87 you can track it how ever you like! They're your goals so however you do your diary is probably the easiest. I use net calories. If I weren't eating back exercise, I'd do gross.

Okay. I am going to track daily deficit... that's easiest for me (I use a spreadsheet that calculates it) so don't freak when you see a 1000 calorie goal. lol I realize that won't work right with the progress meters but I'm ok with that. :)
  • VeryKatie
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @icozaFB87 that's an interesting way of doing it! You also like spreadsheets, I see. I have so many LOL.

I like this one that I made for planning my exercise :)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1swLtTtCaWI6E17pIprcOEoZ5qifaodAtgNKMMpoEICA/edit?usp=sharing

And this one I have that helps me project weight loss and calculates how much I should eat and burn each week. It will eventually also be used to help me determine actual maintenance... of course I have to actually be consistent for a couple of months before it'll be useful for that...
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T0197DMhGstq260FPO64xUwZmf7LNuzBpVuYhZbDXFA/edit?usp=sharing

These might not be the best labelled if they don't make sense... but I know how to use them LOL.
  • computerfox82
    computerfox82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie I see you're a fan of the Kinect Dance Central as well. Have you tried the Hip Hop Experience? It's harder than Dance Central but still as fun. :smiley:
  • computerfox82
    Options
    I may have to borrow some of those spreadsheets. I use them at work all the time and I like them.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @computerfox82 feel free to make a copy and modify as you see fit. Let me know if you need me to explain any of the mess in those (can you make copies from read-only access?)
  • computerfox82
    Options
    I'm not sure if I can. I'm not as familiar with the good spreadsheets as I am with Excel. I can see what formulas you use and go from there.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Well crap I didn't get to finish my August log. haha

I've yet to come up with anything to get us more motivated for the challenge or just in general. I'll keep thinking on it.

September Goals:
    • Work out 4 days a week minimum for at least 30 minutes (Yes)
    • Have 28 out of 30 days in the deficit MFP gives me (No)
    • Do not have any days over maintenance (haha didn't happen)
    • Actually meet the weight goal in the challenge (No)
    • Incorporate body weight training (This has been a goal for months now, I need to implement it) (Not officially started)
    • See the 180's on the scale again (No but at least going in that direction again)

So with today being the last day of September I thought it's time I check back on my goals. I had revised them several times over the course of the month but didn't change them here and well...I think it's safe to say that September was a bust. I'm just about where I started at the beginning of the month weight wise (which is improvement from where I was at in the middle of the month so the scale is going back in the right direction at least.) I did get all my workouts in so there's that. haha If nothing else, I've been learning what not to do. =P

Here's to a new and better month!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Good idea to check in and reevaluate. Good luck in October!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Thank you, I'll need it =P
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    :) I'm going to put up the October spreadsheet :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Verykatie Yay!! =)
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Ok, the October sheet is ready for sign up! Sorry it's a bit late!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    Thanks for putting September up @VeryKatie

My goals:
    • Stay between 1500-1650 calories 6 days per week
    • Lift weights twice per week (Hubby and I bought some of the equipment for our home gym last night! Some of it won't arrive until the 1st or 2nd week of the month though)
    • Yoga 3 times per week
    • Stealing this from @WifiresGettingFit - actually meet the challenge weight goal
    • Log ALL of my food every day!

I succeeded with the lifting goal. Everything else was a complete bust :#
This discussion has been closed.