Reboot (again, sadly)

Options
nicsflyingcircus
nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
I had gotten very off track again (mostly beer and donuts, yes I am secretly Homer Simpson, Doh!) and needed a reboot. In my defense it was killer locally brewed IPAs.

Anyway, I definitely needed to get back to what makes me feel good and drops the weight, so starting Monday, August 22nd, I got back to my keto levels, kicking off with a 36hr water fast. I did restrict my calories this week heavily, to get my appetite back under control, and averaged just under 1000 calories per day* (but that includes the complete fast day and the half fast day). I averaged 8g of carbs, 59g of protein and 73g of fat over the week, for a 4/21/75 macro split.

I did not weigh for the whole week, stepped on the scale today and I am down 16 lbs. I am sure 75% of that is water, since I was right in the peak of my menstrual cycle and carbed up (beer and Mexican and margaritas Saturday night prior, lol) but still, I would consider this a very successful reboot. The trick now will be sticking with it. I ate low-carb (to start) to keto for a good year before I went off the wagon for a year plus. I loved it, loved how I felt, how I lost weight. I can't even pinpoint exactly why I backslid so badly or why 4 or 5 earnest attempts to get back to it failed.

Right now I have a goal to lose another 15 lbs before my parents come to visit on September 29th (also my son's 14th birthday), which would be a better weight for the Gatlinburg based trip we are taking with them. We're going to Dollywood and I want to ride the coaster's without feeling pained by the restraints or as if I am getting fat-*kitten* side eye from the attendants. Also, plenty of hiking!

If I don't lose that much, but stay on track, that's absolutely fine too.

*I do not advocate a VLCD, I just know myself and needed to do this for the one week in order to increase my mindfulness and tame my carb-fuelled appetite. I fully intend to eat a more reasonable amount of calories this upcoming week.

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    You've got this!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I think having short term goals is a good way to help you refocus. Good plan and best of luck.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Nic! Sounds great!! Hugs!
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    The Dollywood/Gatlinburg trip sounds like a great target goal. Dollywood is just down the road from me :) and it's all hills from ride to ride. You can do it!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Glad you're back! Rock on!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Ah, a Canadian trying to fight the lure of beer and doughnuts... I think Homer could have been Canadian.

Sounds like a really good reboot. I hope your good habits reform themselves quickly. Keep at it! :)