Real Meal Revolution by Tim Noakes

welsh_cake
welsh_cake Posts: 18 Member
Hi,

I have read and book marked so many great articles on Keto and the LCHF way of eating, but would like a more traditional book to treat as my 'holy grail'.

I am torn between two. I fancy "The Real Meal Revolution" by Tim Noakes, but have heard great things about "Art and Science of Low Carb" by Phinney and Volek .

The Tim Noakes book is a newer book, a bestseller in South Africa, and I have not heard much about it in the forums.

Has anyone read the "The Real Meal Revolution", and what are your thoughts?

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    I haven't read it and don't know details of his plan but I honestly believe you can't go wrong following his advice or the others. As far as choosing someone to be your guide, you couldn't do better imo.
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    I haven't read that one, but I definitely would!

I have read Phinney & Volek book - great stuff. It got to stay, along with Taubes' "Why We Get Fat" and "Good Calories, Bad Calories", when I KonMari'd all of my books (got rid of the ones that didn't "bring me joy." :blush: ). Harry Potter stayed too, obviously.... :smile:

• redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    And I just placed a request for it from our library system, so thanks for the idea!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    "Life Without Bread" by Allan and Lutz is a good textbook; the authors recommend less that 72g of carbs per day.