Living the Lifestyle - Tuesday Aug. 30th

Options
goldenfrisbee
goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
Everyone says it, but just how do you do it? How do you take the guidelines of the WW program and turn them into a lifestyle you can live every day...from now on? That is what we are here to explore. Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Newbie? Join in! Veteran? Join in! Your thoughts may be just what someone else needs to hear.

Monday -- GadgetGirlIL (Regina)
Tuesday -- goldenfrisbee (Chris)
Wednesday -- Rachel0778 (Rachel)
Thursday -- misterhub (Greg)
Friday -- Jbrack381us (Joe)

Topic: Role call - About 20% of us chime in to role call each morning. Why do you do it? And for the other 80%, do you log in on MFP daily?

Replies

• goldenfrisbee
    Options
    I log in to role call first thing (if I remember) to tell myself that today I will be present and mindful. I usually also check all the other threads periodically to see how others are doing and to look for little nuggets of wisdom that I can use.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I check into MFP every morning with my coffee to log my food and catch up. It helps to get myself in the right mind frame for the day so I continue to make better choices
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    I do try to check into Roll Call and MFP on a daily basis (at least during the weekdays). I do it partially as a self-reminder that I'm continuing to manage my weight no matter how yesterday went. I also do it to be part of the community here.
  • 60in2017
    60in2017 Posts: 65 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I stop in every morning to participate in this thread. I get the most value for my weight loss/fitness efforts from it - by organizing my thoughts to post a topic or respond to a topic or by reading everyone else's insights. I don't really check any others. I really miss Bad Joke of the Day - I'd forward those to my father and he loved them.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Since I use MFP to track I usually remember to come and check the threads first thing in the morning.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,591 Member
    Options
    I check in on Roll Call every day. It is part of being a member of the GoaD community and a good way to set my bearings and remind myself there is an intentionality to all this. I do my tracking on MFP as well, since last November.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm an infrequent roll-call participant, but as time allows I like to see what's happening on GoaD early and often. I value the community here and benefit from it a great deal. Like others have said above, mostly being here is a good reminder to keep my head in the game.

edited to add: maybe I should be a more regular roll-call poster. I get it, truly. I think I value roll-call being here more than I value adding to it.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    Its my daily reminder that I need to be mindful. And, it reminds me I am a part of a community.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    I do it more on a whim. I am more likely to do other threads but do check in sometimes also.
  • MICHGOLFER2
    MICHGOLFER2 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I check in most weekday mornings. It reminds me that today is a new day, with a new set of points, and new opportunities to be on program.

Maybe we should resurrect "The kitchen is closed" thread as a bookend.
  • goldenfrisbee
    Options
    Maybe we should resurrect "The kitchen is closed" thread as a bookend.

That was Bob Coffey (sp?) if I remember correctly wasn't it?
  • Kramti386
    Kramti386 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yeah it was Bob that would close the kitchen.

I join because this is my daily, all day, meeting. This shows the challenges and accomplishments and wisdom of the journeys that are in progress. With it open in my browser all day, I check it once in a while when I get a chance , but it is a constant reminder and it grounds my mind that I am here and I need to stick with it.
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,719 Member
    Options
    I check in roll call to be mindful and to journal and I like reading the updated posts.
  • lilybbbbb
    lilybbbbb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I generally check GOAD M-F.
    LTL, GOAD on the Run, and Pedaling Goadies...
    it depends on my work schedule, really. I like the community, but since I sit around a computer most of the day for work, I avoid it on weekends.
    I also participate in the GDT, which moved to another platform.
  • Pete1964AK
    Pete1964AK Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just found you guys and haven't got into a GoaD rhythm yet. But from what I'm reading, it seems likely I'll be doing my best to become part of the group.
    I do log onto mfp every day as I use it to track my food and exercise.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 4,000 Member
    Options
    Roll call for me is an acknowledgement that I'm part of a community. It's like saying hi to your neighbor at the grocery store; you don't have to say a lot but you acknowledge each other's presence.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    I have been logging in here and on FB Goadies since the death of WW BBs.
    It is my way of keeping my awareness up b/c it is a daily journey and not just a once a week WI and a thirty minute WW meeting.
    I go to FB to read What Day Is It? And keep up with GoaDs who post there.
  • leeless511
    leeless511 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I want to log in everyday to MFP, but I sometimes miss due to work load typically. I never joined the roll call because I was a lurker for a long time, thus felt I was not part of the core team...I tend to be shy :)
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,145 Member
    Options
    "Many of us feel the need to remain connected by just signing in on a daily basis. We may have a lot to say or very little. We may say smart things, or dumb things. It doesn't matter if we're having a good day, a bad day...or something in between. We'll post our thoughts, our successes, our challenges, our insights (or lack thereof), and our support. We're here for each other. Together, we can do this!"

That says it all, for me.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    I usually check into MFP GoaD daily, and usually take a minute to post on the roll call. I think it's a quick and easy way to reset for the day, I guess... Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not really sure why I post on roll call. I think I'm always hoping to see posts with some 'meat' to them there, like someone's status report, or what's happening in your lives. It doesn't happen often, but I keep looking.