Living the Lifestyle Wednesday 8/31/16

Options
Rachel0778
Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
Everyone says it, but just how do you do it? How do you take the guidelines of the WW program and turn them into a lifestyle you can live every day...from now on? That is what we are here to explore. Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Newbie? Join in! Veteran? Join in! Your thoughts may be just what someone else needs to hear.

Monday -- GadgetGirlIL (Regina)
Tuesday -- goldenfrisbee (Chris)
Wednesday -- Rachel0778 (Rachel)
Thursday -- misterhub (Greg)
Friday -- Jbrack381us (Joe)

Topic: What are you liking most/least about the switch to MFP from the WW forums?

Replies

• gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I like that I can tag people! I also find the navigation easier when on my iPad/iPhone. Bonus is that I've been using MFP to track for several years.

I dislike that I have to check several places now to keep up with most of those I followed on the WW boards: 2 versions of Proboards, several FB groups, and here. Recently some of the FB folks headed to sparkpeople. I'm not bothering. It is already too fragmented. And I absolutely detest Connect so very rarely ever poke my head in there.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,918 Member
    Options
    Most: Edit function, more participation, ability to post pics, links, etc. Also ease to add mild exercise (back and shoulder stretching)
    Least: quick, easy moves between threads (gotta go back to "start")
  • 60in2017
    60in2017 Posts: 65 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I like that you can edit - I can fix my typos that I swear I didn't see the 1st time through.

I don't like that we can't post our weights or have a signature - I found that inspiring seeing everyone's progress and I would post a "why I'm doing this" reminder as my signature that I saw every time I posted.

I miss several sections - Recipe Review mostly.

I miss Bad Joke of the Day - where is that guy anyway?

It is somewhat of a pain going to multiple sites since I am on WW and will continue to track on that site.

Connect is just weird to me - I really don't get why someone would want to post a picture of their overhanging belly or the scrambled egg whites they're having for breakfast. I'm happy lots of people find it motivating and inspiring, but it's just not for me.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    It's a newer IT version so I'm still learning. Haven't mastered how to "friend" people. I asked for help on main MFP page and now everyday my one MFP friend (a lady in Australia!) posts an inspirational message and that's what I see when I log on MFP.
    Like Edit, pictures, new participants and still some old familiar faces.
    Life goes on.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,076 Member
    Options
    Edit...ooops I meant ediT,EdIT function.
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    I really like the tracking on MFP.

I like the edit feature

I like that so many Goadies came together over here. Such a great community.

I like that I can tag someone with the @username

I used to do Simply Filling but missed some of the foods that weren't on the list. When I renewed my commitment to get healthy I found that it was very easy to track here. I usually do this on my phone since it is always with me. It really helps a lot when I want an extra snack at night and I already know where I am at calorie wise for the day. It makes me think twice before eating something else that I really don't need.

I don't like not having a signature line. I really enjoyed knowing where someone has come from in their weight loss, and it helped me evaluate the tips I got from others comments.

I don't like that I can't search past posts by others.

• leeless511
    leeless511 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I like this forum better than the WW boards from a functionality perspective.
  • MICHGOLFER2
    MICHGOLFER2 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I like the edit feature. I like the ability to type my response and scroll up to read the original post.

I don't like not having weights posted. I miss being able to hover over an avatar and see the person's name and a few details pop up. Maybe that's available and I simply don't know how to do it. I miss being able to post stalk.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    I like that it appears that we've survived as a group.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I like it all. I'd been using LoseIt! for quite a while, and everything about MFP's app is better. Love the coordination between MFP and Garmin Connect (and Map My Run). I'm very happy with the transition.

As for dislikes, in a perfect world it would be easier for newbies to find GoaD. Of course we didn't have that over on WW for a long time.
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    I would actually pay something if they would enhance the community section to allow for signatures, post stalking and a few other features.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    I like that it appears that we've survived as a group.

Agree. A lot.

Well, by jove, I just saw that tagging feature thing. Hey, that is pretty cool. Editing and quoting are right up there too. That said, I'm a pretty basic guy. My internet at home works slowly if at all so I'm just glad we're here and able to keep the group alive.
  • minimyzeme
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Oh, one more thing: I like that text is big enough that I can actually read my response as I'm typing it instead of after I post...and then not being able to edit.

Bad, WW! Bad!
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,195 Member
    Options
    I am with a lot of folks. Edit good! No sigs bad! Overall, it's been a good transition, and so many folks have made the journey, which is great.
  • minimyzeme
    Options
    One more thing! I can actually post from my phone. With one very short exception, I could never log into WW GOAD board from my phone. I could do tracking but a day without GOAD was like...a day without GOAD!