September 2016 Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support, I appreciate it more than you might think. The kicker to last Friday? I had loaded my bike in the back of the van so I could take a long relaxing ride on my "day off". Yesterday had some challenges too but I was able to handle it better. Plus, I had time to fit in a longish walk, so that helps.

Added 4.25 miles for a September total of 56.75 miles.

exercise.png

@ Dave Yeah, I figured you were sending out the search party soon. I'll try to stick around now, this group does help.

@sufferlandrian It's good to hear you are feeling better. Taking some time on the beach and in the mountains to rest and recover (and hike) sounds great.

@Kar It's funny what happens when we get healthy isn't it?

@vhuber I really hope your furbaby is on the mend.

@clepant Thanks. We are just trying out these software videos and no one expected the process to be so challenging. The final product should be worth the pain though.

Wow, so many knee problems. That is one body part I do not have trouble with. And I would like to keep it that way too, my hips and neck/shoulder are enough to wrestle with on bad days. Good luck to all trying to heal.

• wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 5.3 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,317 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@DEAN - You're another one I was getting ready to send a search party out on! :wink: Glad to hear business is going well enough that you could get someone in that can cover for you so you can take a break once in a while! :blush:
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    9/20
    24.81 miles
    528.36 miles MTD
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    18th: 4 miles purposeful walking - MTD 55.44
    19th: 0.5 miles treadmill - MTD 55.94 (but I did do strength training!!)
    20th: 5 miles purposeful walking - MTD 60.94

exercise.png

@kar328 -.a fab problem to have. LOL
    @taxmom9093 - and breath. You'll get there, you're a strong person who'll make it work.
    @Dave - look after your knees bud - and well done on the run!!
    Edited to fix some weirdness !!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Let's start the month out with 54 miles out of 250.

Finally getting back on the bike after an extended illness. Adding 7 miles for 61 out of 250.

Adding 6 more miles for 67 out of 250.

After a relapse on the illness, I took a vacation with the family. The first in 8 years. Finally got the clinic doing well enough to hire a relief vet. It was really nice! We rented a house on the coast of Washington right on the beach. I would definitely do that again! Port Angeles on the Olympic Peninsula was gorgeous! Stayed on the beach for two days then went up to Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic mountains. Logged in 4 miles hiking and got my body put back together so easing into it with a ride on the fat tire today. Adding 8 miles for 75 miles out of 250. Not likely going to make goal but at least I'm back together and ready to ride.

Adding 13 miles for 88 out of 250.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    09/15 - 01.0 miles walking
    09/16 - 17.0 miles cycling
    09/17 - 18.0 miles hamster wheel
    09/18 - 18.0 miles hamster wheel
    09/18 - 01.0 miles walking
    09/19 - 02.0 miles walking
    09/20 - 04.0 miles walking

Total: 237.0 miles

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Finally getting back on the bike after an extended illness. Adding 7 miles for 61 out of 250.

After a relapse on the illness, I took a vacation with the family. The first in 8 years. Finally got the clinic doing well enough to hire a relief vet. It was really nice! We rented a house on the coast of Washington right on the beach. I would definitely do that again! Port Angeles on the Olympic Peninsula was gorgeous! Stayed on the beach for two days then went up to Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic mountains. Logged in 4 miles hiking and got my body put back together so easing into it with a ride on the fat tire today. Adding 8 miles for 75 miles out of 250. Not likely going to make goal but at least I'm back together and ready to ride.

Because you have been so sick, I would be more than pleased to donate any of my bonus miles to you Dean. I love Veterinarians for all the work and commitment you have for animals. Just let me build up the bank :):):)
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,357 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @Dean: Glad you are back and starting to feel better. We were going to send a search party out into those mountains to look for you. So glad you had an awesome vacation.

@vhuber: Sure hope the antibiotics does the trick.

Sept. 20: Completed 22.56 miles of walking 10 and cycling 12.56 miles
    Please give 2essie 10 more of my miles.

TTD: 282.63 Miles

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options

Because you have been so sick, I would be more than pleased to donate any of my bonus miles to you Dean. I love Veterinarians for all the work and commitment you have for animals. Just let me build up the bank :):):)

Thanks for the offer but no thanks. Save them for someone that needs them. I'm not as interested in making goal as I am at staying in shape. Round is a shape right? :smile: Glad to see you didn't stay down long from your accidents. How's the neck? Wasn't that giving yo problems?
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for the get well wishes to my furbaby. They really do become your kids!
    8 miles on ex bike at that God awful hour before work & 2 miles jogging after work.

exercise.png

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

exercise.png

155.19 out of 200 miles.

The exercise ticker is not working.

Finally was able to get a bike ride in today.
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Walked 2.35 miles today.
    47.12/50 total miles
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Took a decent walk yesterday before going into work. Nice to get a few things caught up that this new teaching position is taking time away from. Also got an unexpected thank you email from the author of my course, the person I took over the lead instructor position from. I'm not any less tired, but knowing that my efforts are recognized and appreciated does help with the mental health part. :)

Added 4.5 miles for a September total of 61.25 miles. I've crossed the halfway point!!!! :D (Shhh, I'm enjoying my success without looking at the calendar for now)

exercise.png

• wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 6.1 miles

ttd=126.1 of 150
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,317 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

YAY @K80FLEC for making GOAL!!! :drinker:

Dave
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @clepant You are so good to me. Thank you. Once this knee is better I will work hard to pay you them back. At the moment I am just hobbling around the house but it is improving a little. I hate sitting around doing nothing but hopefully it wont take long before I can go again.

I am adding 2.42 and 2.73 for the last two days. Going a little further every day but think I did a bit much yesterday.

99.17 total to date with what clepant gave me.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    @clepant I can probably manage the rest on my own now. Thank you so much. I really do appreciate it
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Adding 13.95 miles for a hot sweaty ride yesterday after work. This was day 1 of riding my bike as many days as I can before surgery on October 10.
    s033tom2jp3s.gif

ETA: for some reason my ticker wouldn't update. Total MTD = 91.06
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    @vhuber Keeping good thoughts for your furbaby.

@sufferlandrian Glad you're on the road to recovery (no pun intended)

If I logged my running around the halls at work miles, I'd be way ahead. I did at least five miles running my *kitten* off with the large number of patients who celebrate the holidays in Dec/Jan and make September the busiest month of the year. But since they're not meant as exercise, I don't. That being said, I did 1.2 miles around the indoor track waiting for my TRX class.

Bod Pod test tomorrow, I'm dying to see my body fat percentage. I don't think the numbers the dietician gave me are accurate, but it's so hard for me to look in the mirror and not see that woman on the left in my profile picture. Someone once said the brain is the last part of the body to lose weight and that's so true.

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.