Fall/Winter

Options
2»

Replies

• eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Love fall as well! Not so much the winters in Minnesota as I now feel the cold pretty badly! Cooler day today so enjoying lounging around in super soft leggings and a tunic.

I will miss the ease (and much less work for me!) of summertime grilling. DH is not so keen hanging outside in winter tending our charcoal grill. Having a gas line installed and a new gas range put in next week; hopefully this will inspire me in the cooking department!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I love Autumn! Its the perfect time of year for drinking too much coffee, making big pots of soup and hiking through the changing landscapes.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    @eneild Minnesota is beautiful, I visited there a few times and loved it! The nature, the trees, the friendly people, it all reminded me of home :)
  • option3girl
    option3girl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    I love love love anything other than Summer! Prob because our summer resembles the pits of HADES lol Seriously it gets up to 115 degress and summer starts after Easter and does not leave until the beginning of October. Its terrible living in a desert :neutral: Anyhoo, the summer is leaving and now I can actually take my kids to the park without worrying they will get third degree burns on the playground lol And now i can break out my slow cooker!! AND i also found a LOW CARB TAMALE RECIPE!! This is total game changer for me since the holidays in mexi-ameri household is a CARB FEST lol!

Low carb tamale recipe please!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Fall is my absolute favourite season where I live (central Alberta). The winters are too cold, summers are normally too hot and dry (but this year were too wet and stormy and kept us inside too much). Spring is nice like fall, but everything just seems dirty in spring thanks to all the melting snow banks that leave behind piles of road grit, dog poop, and litter that got buried all winter.

So fall is my favourite. Although way too short--we will almost certainly have our first frost pretty soon and given how wet it has been lately, I can't see the first snowfall being far behind.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    I LOVE FALL!! I know I'm one of "those" people but I don't care, I love the pumpkin spice muffins, lattes, cozy sweaters, snow, I love it all! I'm so excited.. haha. My morning coffee is going to change as soon as I find myself some pumpkin spice, or pumpkin flavored syrup!

I always liked those seasonal flavors too!
    I recently tried cinnamon on my coffee grounds prior to brewing and then I did it with pumpkin spice and i believe it will take care of my pumpkin needs. I thought it might be tough for me this fall without it since I stopped using sweetener in my coffee. I figured I wouldn't have any since I don't buy the coffee syrups anymore, but I'm very glad the spices are good for us that don't use the syrups.
    But you could always add sweetener if those are ok for you.
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Zenwenner wrote: »
    Autumn is my favourite season, too. I love how colourful everything is, and I love those morning when the first frost begins and it sparkles on the rooftops and grass as the sun comes up. I love having a fire in the fireplace, and a snuggly blanket. I love that puff of "smoke" that comes out of your mouth when you first breathe in that crisp morning air. I love the silence of the first snow fall, when you know before you open the blinds that it's snowing because it has that special kind of peaceful quiet out there.

We are kindred sisters.
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I love fall! I am looking forward to cooler weather, soups, stews, and COLLEGE FOOTBALL! I am looking for keto friendly tailgate food if anyone has good ideas.

How about a bratwurst? Just toss the bun. Add some kraut or onion. Best if simmered in beer and onions before being browned on the grill. Just screams tailgating.

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I am a big fan of pumpkin sausage soup

@LemonMarmalade I love the fall and pumpkin everything! Do you have a link to a recipe for this soup? I would never think to pair pumpkin with sausage but it sounds intriguing.

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Cyndi146 wrote: »
    Super duper lover of fall! Especially, pumpkin spiced lattes :) Will have to find a hack for that.

@Cyndi146 I love pumpkin spice latte, too! I'm already drinking pumpkin coffee. On another thread, it was suggested to mix HWC with coffee in the blender. Wow, I'm loving pumpkin spice coffee made this way. I also add some liquid vanilla stevia. It's like dessert!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Autumn!!
    My favorite season of them all!
    Winter? Nope nope nope. I love the first snowfall. I love snowdays when you don't have to leave the house. Driving during a snowstorm? I can handle it, just not the idiots who have no idea how to handle to the icy snowed over roads!

I LOVE apples! So not sure how I am going to handle living without them following Keto! I actually had a moment thinking about switching to just low carb for the season just to have my daily Apple!

Stew! Chili! OMG.... I can't wait to break out that slow cooker! I picked up a rotisserie chicken to pick at for dinner last night. My brain went straight to soup making ideas I actually had a hard time eating it because I want to use the meat for the soup! Haha!