September Workout Thread!

Options
fanncy0626
fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
I'm not creative! But I love to work out!

Replies

• fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing 25X 10 X 35

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    5 miles
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    kandeye- your OHP is very impressive!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Another disappointing lifting session. I think I need to deload for a while or just take a week off. Lifted Tuesday, rode my bike to work yesterday and lifted again today. I think it's just too much at the weights I'm at. I've been trying to have two days in between lifting sessions, but since I have an aerial class on Saturday, didn't want back to back intense workouts.

Squat - 5/4/5/3/1 @ 140lbs
    OH Press - 3/3/4/2/3 @ 50lbs
    Deadlift - 1x5 @ 135lbs, 1x2 @ 155lbs, 1x3 @ 135lbs
    Chinups - 8/7/7 @ Bodyweight
    Pullups - 3/3/2 @ Bodyweight
    Cable Crunches - 3x10 @ 110lbs

• jowaring
    jowaring Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've been doing stronglifts for a couple of months. Started really light,I've struggled with a lot of the lifts.anyway here's today's .
    Squats 5x5 @100. Keep getting groin pain,think it must be something to do with my form.
    Bench 5/4/4/5/3 @ 60lb
    Rows 5x5 @55.
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thank you fanncy0626 :)
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Been a bit off the past couple of days. Headaches and stomach has been iffy. In fact, I didn't go to sleep until about 6 am this morning. Considered just not trying but in the end dozed off but was up before noon so didn't quite get enough sleep. Went to the gym today instead of yesterday as wasn't feeling up to par then. Stomach being kind of fussy and even today it wasn't always happy during lifting. Had to use the 3rd hole on the belt instead of 4th or 5th so yeah. Next up is 5 days of work too with two mornings, an evening, then a morning followed by an evening shift. Fun times.

10 minute elliptical warm up
    squats - 1x10 @ 50 (fixed barbell), 1x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95 and 1x6 @ 135 (which felt heavy)
    with belt - 2x4 @ 175, 1x3 @ 185, 1x2 @ 185 (failed 3rd rep attempt) and a stubborn 1x2
    overload - 245 for count of 20
    pause squat - 1x4 @ 125, 1x3 @ 135
    sumo deadlift - 1x6 @ 135 and 3x5 @ 165
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    i made it to the gym - felt i needed to after driving to work and having a discouraging day. i'd forgotten what my spreadsheet numbers are, and anyway i'll probably squat and bench tomorrow with mr t. so i just did squats, and more in the rehab kind of style. bar up to 85 pounds in jumps of 10lbs.

i've been having a horrible situation with impingment pinch in the front of my hip that was really affecting me. couple days ago i put that together with all the biking, and started to suspect my cns is getting so leg-dominant that my glutes have just plain checked out. so i used a band just under my knees to keep me more externally rotated and it made a huge difference.

so right now, my goal was just to get some glute doms going. not because i think doms=growth, but just because i need some kind of feedback to tell me whether or not i'm actually using them.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X 135

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-20 X 10 X 35

2 miles

This is the last day of my fourth week of transitioning to using the 35 pound kettle bell during strong lift workout and rest days. I will transition into using the 40 pound kettle bell on Sunday on strong lift rest days.
  • Roshellexo
    Roshellexo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout B
    Squats - 5x5 40kg
    Overhead Press 5x4 22.5kg but failed the last set only got 3 reps. Improved on last time though which is good :)
    Deadlift - 1 x 5 50kg. Need to improve form on this I think...

Feeling good after three weeks of lifting! :) Not sure about body changes though but I'm being patient! People say I look slimmed but the scale nor the inches are telling me that! :neutral:
  • kandeye
    Options
    My workout was from aug. 31st...overlooked that thread oops haha

Today's workout:

Squats: 5x5 130lbs...yay 45 plates next time! Starting to feel heavy tho
    Bench: 5x5 90lbs...close to my first goal of 100lbs :)
    Row: 5x5 90lbs
  • canadianlbs
    edited September 2016
    Options
    trainer day but i'm really crunchy and stiff, so still no real lifting. and i failed bench at EVEN LOWER weights than i tried earlier in the week. T'CHAH. GAH. but on the plus side, i'm strongly convinced the problems are entirely form. which means as soon as i figure out how to fix that, i should still be on track or at least close to it.

squats are hopeful. the band-just-under-the-knees might look dorky, and on the face of it even unnecessary because i don't think anyone eyeballing me would say i was going valgus. but somehow, the band is forcing the entirety of the lift back into my hamstrings and glutes where it belongs.

and the fact that i'm already dying of doms just from doing these sets with the bar, tells you just how long it has probably been since my squats did come from there.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3x5x35
    Russian Kettlebell swing- 25x10x35

2 miles
  • jowaring
    jowaring Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Today's workout. Still having slight pain in groin so did bodyweight squats and 40 lb to try to work on form.
    Overhead press 5x5 @40 lb. Was stuck at 37 for weeks!
    deadlift 1x5 @100 lb.
  • Bmoremama
    Bmoremama Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Finally moved up from 120 to 125 on my squats this week. Felt so stinkin good.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym today after work. Wasn't too bad though tad tired since it was my second morning shift in a row but did get a little more sleep last night than the previous two days. It was another upper body day.

band pull aparts 3x10 with yellow band and 3x2 chin ups
    bench warm up - 2x10 @ 45 and 1x8 @ 65

CTE with bench, face pulls, db shoulder press, bent over row
    Test
    bench 80 for 12 reps
    face pulls 32.5 for 20
    db shoulder press 20 for 15
    bent row 70 for 16

So, 6 reps for bench, 10 on face pulls, 8 db shoulder press and 8 for bent row. 3 sets of the cycle. Then did 3x8 pallof press at 25.

Here is the link to the guy's youtube video about CTE for anyone who is interested.

Didn't do cardio this time because didn't bring my running shoes. Oops but oh well. Plan for tomorrow is deadlifts.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-25X 10 X 35

2 miles of
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    got myself in to the rec centre yay. after not doing anything at all yesterday.

only significant thing to report though is i suddenly got into the right i've-had-it-with-this mood and the right don't-mess-with-me mental state and i just went and dealt with the bloody bench press. the form came together because i was angry enough to concentrate properly instead of just half-assing it or waving vaguely around and guessing. i got my heels planted, my back flat, my tits up, my bum tight and i took a proper breath before i began on each rep. much much better. i did 5x66 and 75, then 3 at 85 before the fail kicked in. so then, instead of trying again for 5 at that weight, i started doing 5-pound drop sets for the sake of that form practice. went 3x80/75/70 . . . and then 5x65/60/55/50. skipped doing a last token set with just the bar though. did bar pulldowns in between to keep my lats live, and then also pendlay rows in the accessory phase.

squats - well, i did a lot of squats. i didn't do any of them with real weight, because i still can't squat without getting that hip impingement if i have the bar. but i did a looooot of sets of five just trying, so i think my glutes and hamstrings did work.

weird thing happened afterwards though. i was putting my shoes on and one of the nicer attendants asked if he could ask me something. question turned out to be: how come you never increase in weight? your form is so good, you're in here in all the time, it certainly looks like you're serious . . . sometimes people say stuff like t'nice form' and it's just an approach to a sales pitch or a criticism, but he seemed to be serious.

i'm not increasing my weights because my form is NOT good. not good enough anyway, but maybe you have to be inside my skin to know that it's not. so that was a weird feeling.
  • kandeye
    Options

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. First day of cooler weather in this desert. Was a brutal summer so I'm happy :)

Stronglifts:
    5x5 squats: 135. Yay! hit 45lb plates
    5x5 ohp: 77.5 . Attempted 80lbs, hit two reps and couldn't move it after haha.
    1x5 deadlifts: 155
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    First day back was supposed to be tomorrow, but I am giving blood tomorrow, so no lifting then. I managed to fit it in today. It really is frustration how much strength I have lost. Nothing was super hard today, but I was very disappointed with my pull ups. I was so close to 5 before... Oh well, working back up!

Squat - 3x5 at 75 lbs
    Pull ups - 3x2
    Bench - 3x5 at 55 lbs
    Row - 3x5 at 55 lbs
    Shrugs - 3x8 at 55 lbs
    Skullcrushers - 3x8 at 25 lbs
    Curls - 3x8 at 30 lbs
    Good mornings - 3x10 at 55 lbs
    Hanging leg raises - 3x10