Ice cream mini binge

Magic18
Magic18 Posts: 71 Member
What are the repercussions that members find if they accidentally binge on a Keto diet. I have read it takes you out of ketosis and it can take weeks to get back in but I am not sure if this is true or not so asking others. Also does the amount factor in?

I had about 300 calories of ice cream in the middle of the night half asleep when my will power was weekend although I'm not making excuses. I went three weeks staying primarily 50-70 carbs as I'm starting out and this was on a 60 day so it probably brought me over 100 for the first time in about 3 weeks now and I'm worried I ruined the work I did.

Replies

• lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    get the icecream out of the house and move on. if you go down in carbs, you'll be in ketosis in no time. tip: this becomes even easier as you progress and add exercise.
    tip 2: if this is about will power find out what your trigger foods are and remove them from your house
    tip 3: take a little mct oil if you wake up in the middle of the night OR have a fatbomb waiting for you in the freezer, OR something else that's keto friendly.

that aside, I've always found that once the carbs creep up, I'm more prone to binging: it's the insulin. keep that stable and low, and you're set.
  • Magic18
    Magic18 Posts: 71 Member
    Late response but I took hour advice and ifs working. I no longer eat ice cream, rather bought molds to make my own out of plain Greek yogurt mixed with stevia and various healthy and good for me ingredients to keep it from getting boring. I learned the things I really crave it's best not to remove them completely, rather find a suitabld substitute. Like pizza. I'm gf but some places make it pretty good. Now I use cauliflower as the crust and ifs my carbs for For the day with just a little marinara that I found which is low carb already :)

Slowly finding myself.

This week is a busy because I am sick in the hospital and barely can eat so it is all carbs, but I'm eating so little it's still probably under 50 net. I know I lost this week for sure