September 2016

Options

Replies

• NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    @1skholloway I hope it's a quick week for you. Waiting is no fun.

@2020pinktogo Sounds like you're still attracting some interesting people. :)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @NewOR2015 I must be a magnet LOL :D
    It's a little scary I have no time off coming for a whole year. Everyone is sick with a stomach bug. I keep thinking I really like this job but I have to work a whole year before I have time coming :# Granted it's not like I ever called in sick but it's the thought I can't that is freaking me out. By the way I left my old job and had just passed my anniversary date so I had over 160 hours of vacation coming and lost out on it. Oh well sometimes to move ahead you have to let things go. I just barely got in the year before's vacation in.
  • 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am feeling better but I am still sick. I had to go back to the doctor yesterday. He said he would try to get some of the test results in a day or two and not wait a week. He thinks I may have Diverticulitis and a viral or bacterial infection.

Through all this I have learned that a strict food regime is good for me because I need portion control and I am still and always will be a food addict. It would be so very easy to slip back in to my old habits. I am ready to get well not only so that I will feel better but so that I can start eating healthy again and exercising again (as much as I don't like to exercise).

I had a mini food binge yesterday on unhealthy food. I'm not sure at what point I lost my mind. I was doing ok until I went to the doctor and he said he didn't know what was wrong with me. I felt better but I was physically tired and tired of being restricted from eating what I wanted to eat. It was late afternoon, I was waiting for a new prescription and I went in the grocery to stock up on more bland, soft food. In the back of my mind I had already decided I was going to have some chocolate, I just didn't know what I was going to have. I really blew it when I saw the Little Debbie Cakes near the check out counter. I got TWO cream-filled cookies. I didn't even get good chocolate! (While I am confessing, I might as well admit that I had already sneaked and eaten a dark chocolate Hershey kiss at work.) I still wanted something sweet so I had two spoonfuls of peanut butter. Then I felt like I needed something to settle my stomach after eating so much sweet so I ate a sleeve of Saltine crackers (my second sleeve of the day). I fell asleep at 6:30 and slept for 10 hours. Oh I forgot to mention I had a real Coca-Cola to drink earlier in the day. Everything else I ate during the day was bland and some of it was way over portioned. Yep, I gained a pound! I know that's not a big deal and not to worry about weight gain when I'm ill. This morning, I felt somewhat like what an alcoholic must feel like after falling off the wagon. I wondered why I ate so much. I have had very little sugar since January 14 and I made up for it yesterday. I remembered eating all that food but it was almost like another person with no sense of reasoning had inhabited my body.

Today's a new day. I hope to eat more mindfully today even though it is still soft, bland food. Hopefully, I will be well enough to return to the gym and my regular eating regime very soon and I will be thankful for it.
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    @1skholloway -- Oh, I am so sorry you are still suffering. I hope the test results lead to more effective help. I understand about being restrictive. My 30 days ended today and I was feeling really good and thinking of doing another 30, but tonight I gave in and had wine, popcorn, and chocolate. :-) Like you, tomorrow is another day and I will make better food choices tomorrow.

@2020pinktogo -- That's the thing about starting a new job. You are starting all over. Too bad about that new hire being a bad penny. But, if she keeps that attitude perhaps she won't last as long as you will! XD

I'm still feeling poorly. I think it's due to fluctuating hormones (perimenopause), but I've been this way for a week. :-( I'll start to feel Ok, then the headache just come rushing back, sometimes with a little nausea, and I'm back on the sofa. I said I'll go see the dr. if I still feel bad by Friday.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Well yesterday was exciting everyone called in so I was the only one on the teller line. The people who hired me asked well how's today going and I laughed and said I am getting a ton of practice in. I don't think they know how to take me. Their like your really happy I'm like Yep I really am. granted I never tell them how bad my old place was as some things are just best left unsaid. lol

I hope you guys are all starting to feel better soon.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @JanolaBarbara sorry you still aren't feeling well. It could very well be fluctuating hormones. I started having migraines a couple of years ago out of the blue and nothing helped. I now take Activella and I don't have them. I still can't get off the Gabapentin but I was still having headaches regularly on Gabapentin. Activella is WONDERFUL! The biggest thing it did was to help stabilize my mood.

@2020pinktogo I bet your new employer is as happy to have you as you are to be there. I'm glad you have found a place at which you are happy. It makes all the difference in the world!

Thank you all for your well wishes! I felt better yesterday and I did better with my eating. Today started out a little rough but the day will get better. I seem to feel worst in the mornings with this. I am still eating bland, soft food. I am so ready to eat some oatmeal and peanut butter! I need some vitamins and good nutrients too. I am too tired. I know part of the tiredness comes from my body healing. I slept am sleeping 9-10 hours a night this week. I really need to be working.

Ok, let's make the most of this day!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @1skholloway Sometimes when I feel like binging I drink water first. Usually, it's just that I'm thirsty and not needing a munchie after all.

@2020pinktogo You'll be surprised how quickly a year goes by!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    My allergies are back. Ugh!
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @NewOR2015 so sorry your allergies are back. I guess that's one of the signs fall is here. I hope you don't have problems all season.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    So yesterday I went on a field trip to find the new branch where Joe keeps trying to recruit me to go too. LOL Well I don't think so. It takes me a whole 4 min if I hit the light in town to get to work and I could walk to work if I had car issues. It took me 40 minutes to get to the new branch heavy traffic and I had to go past 3 schools which on saturday where not in session so I didn't have any extra traffic. :# I'll do my Saturday rotation when I have to but otherwise I'm not volunteering to go there.

So hubby goes it took you a long time ok I was out and you figure 80 min was travel time. Then I made 4 stops along the way home. I got 2 baby gifts. I bought the boxes I need for my daughters & boyfriends xmas gift. I found these really cute cans They always get cash and something small gift card or do dad. So Now we have the permanent every year they will have their boxes under the tree. It goes back to my grandfather use to get cookies in this one can every year and one year he goes I must have 12 of these cans down stairs and we all laughed. It was the same can my mom and grandmother just reused the can every year. So my mom and I thought we would start the tradition with my daughter.

I had a coupon for this shop where it didn't matter how much you spent and they gave you 5.00 off so I made sure I used that. So I got clearance pants with extra reduction 2 pairs for a total price of 8.00 But then they had a deal going on for charity where you could spin the wheel with your order to see if you could win a prize. Well the lady in front of me had 2 kids but you could only play once so I said I would play and one of her kids could spin for me. So her son played for me and I got an Eileen Aigner purse neutral with navy handles it's really cool. I had told him he could give it to his mom and he goes my mom doesn't use a purse he goes you do!!! Do you like it? I go I LOVE IT!!! :) So today is go over to mom and dad's and get a few things done and that's about it. Hope you guys have a great weekend and are feeling better!!!
  • JanolaBarbara
    Options
    I went to the dr on Fri. Although I am feeling better, I'm still not 100%. I'll find out about the results on my bloodwork on Monday most likely. So far, the dr couldn't see anything to pinpoint why I was getting these headaches. She said it could be from 1) lack of quality sleep-- even though I sleep 8-10hrs a day, it may not be "good" sleep 2) drop in sugar levels-- since I was 3 weeks into my Whole30, she said it's possible my sugar level dropped, which would make my brain unhappy. I had healthy blood sugars before, but a drop is a drop is a change my brain has to adjust to 3) fluctuating hormones, which has no real treatment. Anyway, I felt really good on Sat so I did my calisthenics, worked in the garden, and went to a party (still sticking to my new diet). Then, woke up with a headache this morning which left after a short while. Was OK for the rest of the day then got another headache tonight but it also left quickly. I did have a glass of wine with my bookclub and DH had a coupon so we got Thai food for dinner (not Whole30 approved), so we'll see how I feel tomorrow. Other than that, life is pretty good. :-)

@2020pinktogo -- Thanks for the concern. I can't believe you were pretty much on your own, and you still a newbie!! I agree with @1skholloway that your new employers probably can't believe their good luck in hiring you! Congrats on an awesome price on new pants and a free purse!

@1skholloway -- Hope you're on the mend!

@NewOR2015 -- Aw, so sorry your allergies are acting up. Is it the ash from fires or pollen or something else?
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have been super quiet. Crazy busy life. I have fencing competition on Sunday and trying to get some last minute training in plus spending every free minute scouring beaches for our penguin that was stolen and released last week. He is captive bred and won't be able to look after himself in the wild.
  • blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    @CaptainBoing I hope you find the penguin. People are just so aggravating. Good luck with the fencing competition!

Sounds like there has been lots of sickness while I was away. Hope everyone is feeling better and back on track.

The cruise was AWESOME. I actually joined a boot camp while I was there and really enjoyed the workouts. Of course, I couldn't move for 2 days but even that was nice because Chris and I laughed all the time as I tried to get up out of chairs. TOO hilarious. More to the point I didn't gain any weight while on the ship. Feels good to be back home again and though I have had a few birthday celebrations (you may read that as cake) I am back on track today.

Take care everyone
    Cindy
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @2020pinktogo isn't it wonderful to live close to work!? I'm 10-15 minutes from my office depending on whether or not school is in session. I can go home for lunch or go to the grocery store, pick up a few items, and take them home. Lately, I have gotten in the habit to take longer to ear lunch so I try to stay at work instead if doing other things during lunch. It's nice to have the option though.

@JanolaBarbara , I'm sorry you aren't feeling any better. I hope you get relief soon. I know having frequent headaches is miserable!

@CaptainBoing I hope you are taking good care of yourself while doing all that training.

@blitzbis welcome back! 'So glad you had a great time! I think it's awesome you chose to do a boot camp while on the cruise. I probably would have thought "forget that I'm on vacation! "

I'm feeling much better! The final test result was good. I still don't know exactly what I had, I'm just thankful I'm better. I'm eating regular food except for raw vegetables. I'm going to wait a few more days on those. I made good eating choices today and I went back to the gym tonight after missing for 2 weeks. I did pretty well working out. The a/c was on the fritz at the gym so after lifting weights, I walked outdoors. It was a beautiful evening to walk outside. I ended up working out about an hour and a half total. It's good to be getting back to a regular routine. I need it!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Hi, all. I've been busier lately and am feeling tired. Allergies don't help. I'm sure it's plant-related. What fires? Did I miss something?

A cruise sounds awesome. Someday I will do that. I've only done a 3-hr cruise not days and days.
  • JanolaBarbara
    Options
    @CaptainBoing -- Well, life always gets in the way of things, doesn't it? XD At least you are staying active. gggrrrrrr..... I'm sure those people meant well, but that was just terrible, releasing a captive bred animal. So many just don't think! I hope he's found soon and is safe and sound.

@blitzbis -- Welcome back to land!! Glad you had a great time. I'm so happy you got to spend quality time with your SO. Not gaining any weight on a cruise is a huge NSV!!!

@1skholloway -- Glad you are feeling better and the test results are normal. What a great, long workout.

@NewOR2015 -- Oh, just asking. I haven't heard of any fires going on right now. I meant woodfires in people's fireplaces and wondered if you were allergic to the smoke. It's cooling down up here and I've smelled a couple of fires in the neighborhood. Smells like autumn. :-)

Boy, I am feeling so much better. I walked for an hour yesterday and again today. Yesterday was in my neighborhood which has some stairs and hills and today was along the beach so nice and flat. I used my trekking poles both times. So far, my knee feels good. I was feeling rather bloated, but I am blaming hormones. I lost 0.4 lbs since yesterday, so maybe my bloating is over??
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @NewOR2015 busyness and allergies can make you tired. If you are like me the tiredness makes you not want to exercise and then I get really tired because I actually get energy from exercise in the long run. It's hard to make exercise a priority when you are busy. I am struggling with that and it will be a struggle through the end of the year. I know I have to make it a priority and get it in at least a couple of times a week.

@JanolaBarbara I'm so glad you are feeling better!

I woke up this morning before the alarm went off. I tried to stay in bed but I had to go to the bathroom. I realized it was almost time to get up so I stayed up instead of climbing back in to bed like I used to would have done. I have too many things to do. Of course I had to check in with you guys.

I just found out about a Sit Less Challenge on MFP for the month of October. It is offered twice a year. I joined and thought some of you might be interested as well. Here's the link. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10402350/sit-less-boot-camp-every-may-and-october#latest

I hope everyone has a terrific day!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @1skholloway You hit the nail on the head! I am busy, suffering from allergies, not exercising, and thus feeling extra tired. I need to just get out there and do something!
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    It can be a vicious cycle that we fall in to if we allow ourselves to do so. You can and will get passed this. One of these days you are going to make yourself exercise even though you don't feel like it because you know you will feel better after you do exercise. Don't do like I do all too often and act based on how you feel but what I need to do and act based on facts. We can do this!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I walked more today than yesterday. That's a start. It was indoors though. I'm not ready to go out for long and breathe in whatever's out there. Oops. Nobody's here. Does that mean new thread? :)