Okay... Fighting The Common Cold

Options
2»

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I will say it hasn't been as bad as usual. Clear mucous and just stopped up some. Neti pot 3 times today. As far as vitamin C goes. How much per day? Do I gradually build up to it or what?

Well, below is the protocol for starting a regimen of high dose vitamin c.
    If you just want to dose for a little boost when sick, take 2g a few times a day for a few days. It may not be the optimal amount for your body but it will certainly help.

Anyway, here's the source and some info I grabbed from it.

http://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/high-dose-vitamin-c-protocol-for-cancer/

The USRDA for Vitamin C is only 75 mg. That’s MILLIGRAMS. A normal healthy person can absorb and use between 4,000-15,000 milligrams per day. So the USRDA is way off on this one. 75 mg is basically what someone decided is the absolute minimum amount to keep you from getting scurvy. This is not an amount that promotes health and optimal body function.

High Dose Oral Vitamin C Therapy is taking the maximum dose your body can tolerate before you get the runs. This requires finding your threshold and then backing off a little bit for your daily dose.

The simple way to find your tolerance is to take 2-3 grams of Vitamin C powder or crystals (ascorbic acid) every two hours mixed in 8 oz of water. That will give you about 12-18 grams the first day. Make sure you keep track of your doses.

The goal is to find your 24 hour limit, not your single dose limit.
  • Riche120
    Riche120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Riche120 wrote: »
    My husband uses a Nettie Pot every day and swears it helps.

At the table?

https://youtu.be/ysCjoa2tS-M

EEEWWWWW!!!!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Tea with lemon and then straight, brown liquor of your choice, followed by something cooked in butter.

Then more tea with lime and then the straight, clear liquor of your choice, followed by, well, liquor. ;)

You should be pretty comfortable by that point!

This is an excellent plan, Dr. Lott.

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Tea with lemon and then straight, brown liquor of your choice, followed by something cooked in butter.

Then more tea with lime and then the straight, clear liquor of your choice, followed by, well, liquor. ;)

You should be pretty comfortable by that point!

This is an excellent plan, Dr. Lott.

Why, thank you. I like to think I'm in tune with the needs of my, er, patients.

FYI, Everclear is not contraindicated.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I normally take a Zinc tablet everyday from November to March.
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    just one zinc tablet a day??? just curious
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Haven't been there yet. Just started keto. But I used to always make a pot of chicken noodle soup and add garlic and pepper flakes to it and tons of black pepper. When it was hot I ate it straight from pot with a towel on my chest to keep from getting burned. On keto now, can't have noodles.

You can use zucchini noodles instead of regular noodles. If you use carrots in your recipe normally, just use less carrots or only use them for making the stock, they aren't so keto friendly. Here's a great low carb recipe: http://genaw.com/lowcarb/lc_chicken_noodle_soup.html (Lindas low carb site is one of my favs!)

Beware of Nyquil and any other liquid medicine as those got me during my flu - they are loaded with sugar. Halls and Ricola both make sugar free cough drops. Get well soon!
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Funny thing... Either it was allergies or just a small cold. Just a few sniffles. Hate the way I sound when talking. Like a goose. Thanks for al the tips.