Substitutes for lifts?

Options
Lisa_Ookoo
Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
I sometimes have limited access to weights, and I was wondering if using a rowing machine is comparable to doing barbell rows, and if push-ups can substitute for bench press. I know that any workout is better than nothing, but wondered if I'm hitting all of the same muscle groups.

Replies

• JonDrees
    JonDrees Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yes, those substitutes should work just fine.
  • Emmalovestorun
    Emmalovestorun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Any alternative is better than nothing
  • purple18194
    purple18194 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Have you tried just using your body weight and doing higher reps? For example, instead of 15 (or whatever) reps on the bench press, push-ups for 30-60 seconds, or glut bridges (single leg, elevated, regular, etc) or squats for 60 secs instead of X amount of reps with a weight?
  • spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Something is always better than nothing. It beats sitting on the couch and doing curls with a spoon and a bucket of ice cream
  • 1Hameed
    1Hameed Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm actually just using body weight training as strength training. I will say toned and saved my muscles during my weight lossing journey and still I'm on that journey. The results are slow for getting shredded but it works I can see some muscle after loosing around 33 kg. So it works. But now I just started with weight training I see myself not doing that great job as expected started with lifting small weight. But as a cardio respective I'm a beast. I'm just telling my experience here I hope that helps