supplement ratings site?

Options
camtosh
camtosh Posts: 898 Member
Someone once posted a site link that listed ratings of magnesium supplements... I have lost it and wanted to research similar listings for vitamin b brands. Any ideas welcome.

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Labdoor.com
  • KetoTheKingdom
    KetoTheKingdom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    free.
    Labdoor.com

Labdoor.com is very good for the products it covers.

ConsumerLab.com has many product reviews and interesting news items, but memberships are $64 for two years.

• camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    thanks -- I think it was Labdoor. But they have not tested vitamin B yet... ah well.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Consumer Labs is also notorious for giving bad rating to those companies who refuse to pay them for the "privilege" of having their stamp of approval, and giving improperly high ratings to those that do.

They're less Consumer Reports, and more extortion racket.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Consumer Labs is also notorious for giving bad rating to those companies who refuse to pay them for the "privilege" of having their stamp of approval, and giving improperly high ratings to those that do.

Really?! It's not like I was about to go chucking shekels that way, but at that price, you'd expect a little detachment.....

Got somewhere I can read up on that ?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Really?! It's not like I was about to go chucking shekels that way, but at that price, you'd expect a little detachment.....

I'll see if I can dig up my sources, and perhaps some newer ones. It's been a few years since I even gave them a sideways glance after discovering that. If they've changed their ways since then, I'd be pleasantly surprised.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options

I'll see if I can dig up my sources, and perhaps some newer ones. It's been a few years since I even gave them a sideways glance after discovering that. If they've changed their ways since then, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Maybe they've gotten smoother at the con....
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

Maybe they've gotten smoother at the con....

It actually appears that I was suckered a bit, years back. Everything that I am finding shows that the FTC refused to even bother investigating CL, due to the transparency of it's records. Essentially, it turns out that the whole thing was an attempt by "natural remedy" companies who peddle *kitten*, to defame CL because CL constantly ranked their "herbal supplements" as what they actually are: garbage.
  • KetoTheKingdom
    KetoTheKingdom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you for exploring this.