Sara's Defluffing Log

Options
124»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    So thats about 12lbs in 10 weeks right? I'd say you've done an awesome job, mission accomplished.

Just in time for you to get some good contest prep in too... I can see you absolutely smashing it.

A little over 11lb in 11 weeks. It has gone past pretty fast and I am happy with it (even though I did have the weirdness of my weight gain and mini stall early on). I am definitely looking forward to more food, especially with reading Chris's updates. =)
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    OK.....officially time to start reversing. Yay!!

Since my last update, my weight has been:

29-Sep-13 147.2
    30-Sep-13 146.9
    1-Oct-13 146.6

My first PL meet has been decided - a baby one on November 9th.

With that in mind, I will be changing my lifting routine and starting to up my carbs.

The plan is to add 15g carbs each week for 3 weeks, then add carbs every other week.

I am going to wrap this thread up with final pics and measurements at the weekend and start a new log of my lead up to the meet.

Sounds like a great plan! The PL meet sounds like so much fun!! So much fun!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Where is this new log? Being that this is a weightloss group :tongue:

You are going to do great in the comp. My biggest tip is to practice the calls in practice and train as you would in a comp i.e. pausing the first rep of every bench.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    ^^I am such a rebel :tongue:

Thanks for the tip. I lift alone usually, but may second some help if I can for the cues. There is a beast of a powerlifter that goes to my gym sometimes (everyone else is...how do I put it politely.....) who I may ask, but he is really focused when he lifts. Friendly enough though.

Anyhoo....just posting my double good news.

Front squat PR of 200lb - fugly, but I hit below parallel: http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=1z6sjmr&s=5#.Uk5kYIasim4 I am actually not too unhappy about my form as I am managing to keep my elbows up a lot more (my lead up sets were stronger also). I have onlt been doing heavy front squats for about 3 weeks so I have a lot of practice to get under my belt.

I also have an issue with bar placement as I am grinding the crap out of the bone spur at the top of my shoulder. If it were muscle/fat I would not be concerned as I would get used to it, but the fact that it is my bone concerns me a bit - plus its bloody distracting. I also hurt my finger on an earlier set. Idiot here got her finger trapped under the BB (hands were too close and ended up between the bat and my shoulder), and continuing with the idiocy, decided to squat anyway rather then reset. I think it will be ok though as it is not too bad.

And another piece of good news - down to a new low this morning of 146.5. I added 15g CHO yesterday - not much so still expecting/hoping to drop a little more weight.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Way to go sara! That's awesome! Sounds like this will be a productive reverse!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Penultimate update - tomorrow morning will be the last weigh in for this log as it will be 12 weeks.

I hit a new low this morning at 145.6. However, food volume was low in the evening so this could be a bit of a 'false' weight - tomorrow will give an indication as to whether it was or not.

I will post my final weight and measurements tomorrow, but thought I would post a few pics from this morning. I was not awake enough to take very good comparison pics (plus I had bed head/puffy morning face, so full face shots...a girls gotta have some vanity!).

Bad lighting, but it was really early in the morning:

800290a8-b3a0-4017-8a5f-8769b0446eaf_zps1205c8ea.jpg

Back (obviously) - Not a good comparison to the last pics as I am taking the pic with the camera behind my head so my arms are farther back.

94f2746b-0f91-4b55-8d30-309f290c8291_zps02a2e0a0.jpg

Flexed bicep - bulkeh!!! Happier with this one as there is more definition this time.

0b7cc431-eb1d-43d1-86c8-bc5861bbfde9_zps92b33d6b.jpg

All in all I am happy with the bulk/cut. I did not make the body comp improvements I wanted - I actually think I gained on top and not on bottom - which is the opposite of what I wanted, but in hindsight, I was not doing enough volume as I got a bit carried away with my PRs. Now, if I can get back to my PR weights when not at a deficit, then I will be very happy with the bulk for that reason. In fact, my lifts are still in excess of my pre bulk lifts (even with my shoulder injury) at the end of this cut - and I am at a lower weight. Not sure if I am much leaner as its hard to tell when you are talking about a lb or a % point.

Anyhoo...it has been fun (heh!), but I am very happy to start upping calories.

I posted my PL competition prep/reverse diet log here if anyone is interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1111475-sara-s-meet-prep?page=1#posts-17193770
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Last update - at the end of week 12.

Weight 146lb - so 12lb lost over 12 weeks.

Measurements. going from pre-bulk, to post bulk, to this morning

Waist: -> 28" -> 29.5" -> 27.75"
    *kitten*: 38.75" -> 40" -> 38"
    Thigh: 23.25" -> 24.5" -> 22.5"

So all my measurements are less, which I am happy about, my donk and thighs showing the biggest difference. Makes sense as this is where I store my fat and I do not have much left on my waist, but there is still a lot of dat azz to lose fat from.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    a job well done!:drinker: kudos!
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to hear about your meet in November! You look fantastic and your lifts are amazing!!!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    07787de5-eb04-4150-9979-56a1209d997f_zpsfd479669.jpg

2agrpz7.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    ^^lmao

Of course, you pick the majorly large post bulk *kitten* pic rather than the still enormous but not quite ginormous post cut *kitten* pic to quote!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I would have posted both pics but I didn't want to crash the server.