Weekly Post 04.09. - 10.09.2016

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
edited September 2016 in Social Groups
Well, I'm a day late and my S Health app told me I should be more active yesterday... My app doesn't know it, but I spent about 5h sanding down a half a staircase on Sunday.... alot of muscle and sweat in that even using power tools! So S Health....you have noooo idea. Not easy digging out the wood after decades of carpet and glue covered it :p

Stage 1 by my sister
tzh51wk32o1f.jpg

Stage 2 by little old me...
mc96w5v6u0bm.jpg

Still needs to be sanded down with a finer grain and then oiled....but the tough work on the first half is done.

Have a great week!

Replies

• RoxianneM
    RoxianneM Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We've been painting, so I'm in the same boat. Pacer says I'm "sedentary."
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options

Whoops!!! Didn't see this week here... I've cut & paste to this week ;) sorry for the duplication!

Had a low cal day yesterday... Ended in the 800's so, not a fast....chocolate was to blame. It's a lot cooler outside now and I'm realizing I need a new jacket!!! My last years windbreaker is way too big!! So that's a nice visual! I'm hoping to purchase new runners too, mine were given to me for a bday present from the husband last October which was instrumental in me signing up to MFP to log my steps somewhere, only then did I realize you could log calories too! Duh! I really should have purchased new runners months ago, but they're so expensive! So, painfully waiting for my bday to roll around again!!

I'm still buried under pears here! Should've opened a stand at our local farmers outdoor market!!! I've learned how to freeze them beautifully so if anyone needs tips....! And if you've never made a pear pie, they're so good with fresh ginger! Weird I know, but delish!
  • wissywig
    wissywig Posts: 11 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Forgive me, I'm new to this group, so sorry if I'm doing this wrong

Hey, it deleted my post?
  • wissywig
    wissywig Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I guess I did do it wrong...hmm. It was a long one too. :(

Trying to recap...today was my first day of fasting, I'm doing the alternate day version. The health benefits I read about sounded really intriguing, and I'd lost about 30 lbs last year only to gain it all back. So I'm hoping I can do this.

That was the truncated version of my lost post. And now I'm going to go make a ginger pear pie because that just sounds AWESOME.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Hi wissywig! Welcome to our group. In the weekly posts you can write and ask anything you wish. Usually someone will answer ;)

Feeling good this morning. Had a bang on fast yesterday, despite (or because) I went out in the evening. Went for after dinner drinks and stuck to water and coffee without any trouble. Met some nice new people and enjoyed the evening ;-)

My weight is slowly going down again, clothes are fitting better and I hit 62kg for the first time since mid june. Summer just isn't my weightloss season, never has been. So I seem to be on track again with my food and exercise. Generally feeling better and happier with myself. Took a while! Another 5kg to my low of 57kg. I will get there!

My new spiralizer is awesome for fast day meals. The long spaghetti shape takes longer to eat than chopped cubes and the added volume makes me feel fuller for longer. As I am a volume eater and fill myself with veggies it is definitely an asset.
  • RoxianneM
    RoxianneM Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My husband made an amazing fast-night dinner last night. He steamed flounder with peas, asparagus, and onions, with lots of seasoning. It was very satisfying, and came in under 200 calories. I've lost 7 pounds in 5 weeks, and I'm feeling like I could do this for the long haul.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just joined the group. I experimented with 5:2 for a few weeks in the spring, maintained over the summer, and after having a DEXA done have decided to cut calories again. I'm planning to fast on Mondays and then one other undetermined day each week. I am curious as to how you all Balance fasting and exercise. Do you fast on rest days only or do you do it on active days?