Keto-Lchf, How I Love Thee!

Options
genmon00
genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
Hi everyone!
Not a good weekend for me, I feel like a remorseful adulterer. I fell off the wagon which the first real slip up I've had since starting in May. Was so NOT worth it! I was in pain! Due to eating so off plan. I was hurting for real! I learned my lesson, cheating is NO BUENO. And I don't plan to repeat it, EVER. The only good thing I got out of this weekend is that it helped me realize how much I truly love eating LCHF. And how utterly dumb I was to "betray" it by eating with the enemy. ;)
So as a part of my redemption, I am going to list ALL the wonderful benefits of LCHF so I will never be stupid enough to stray again!

LCHF:
1. Stablized my blood sugars
2. Gives me tons of energy!
3. Awakened my inner athlete (geez I'm loving exercise never thought possible)
4. Got rid or shrunk my skin tags :o I just noticed this benefit today and i am stoked!
5. Helped my lose 20 lbs and 5.5 inches!
6. Never makes me feel deprived
7. Helped control the HANGRY's

And many more that I probably haven't realized yet! My overdue 3 month check up is this Friday so I'm excited to show off all the wonderful things this WOE has done for me!

Feel free to add any love declarations to LCHF, I'm not jealous LOL

Replies

• GregStone2
    GregStone2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    helps reduce insulin levels helps reduce body fat viscreal B) and subcutus fat and water weight in the first week or to along with walking through out the day and works even better with weight lifting and portion control
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Another cute Pic for you! Hang that list on your fridge and enter it in your phone to cue up when needed. Hope it didn't mess with your blood sugars too much.

My love declaration? I'm starting to feel and look human again getting rid of my The Exorcist/Linda Blair/Watch My Head, Neck and Shoulder Contort Look caused by my Dystonia. I'm so happy to blend into the crowd rather than feel like I stick out like a freak.

You're the 2nd person to mention disappearing skin tags. I'm still waiting for this to happen. Maybe they get starved from lack of carbohydrates? I'm keeping an eye on mine. Fingers crossed!

• genmon00
    Options
    @kpk54 Awww w thanks! Another NSV, I like taking pics now lol! I avoided the camera like death before. Now its my true mirror since i broke up with the lying scale ha! My blood sugars were still ok, since they have dropped down into the non diabetic levels :)
  • genmon00
    Options
    suzqtme wrote: »
    Ditto to improved blood sugars, not feeling deprived, more energy AND I sleep much better. I was never an early riser my entire life and have been a chronic insomniac since age 2 (yes, I can remember back to then...but I can't recall what happened yesterday very well, lol). I am falling asleep by a certain time each night nearly every night and then wake up around the same time. I still wake during the night but usually only for a few minutes and fall right back asleep.

PS Still looking for my inner athlete. I think she moved.

She will come lol. Not everyone excerises and does LCHF but it makes me feel better
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Whew. You guys could do previews for LCHF, The Cure !

That's an *kitten* amazing list (and that's without @GaleHawkins having chimed in yet).
  • GregStone2
    GregStone2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    yeah I still got insomnia to but in the morning soon after waking up I feel like I still get enough sleep and after breakfast
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I binged on sugar this weekend right along with you. The benefit of this woe is that, aside from some minor abdominal distress this morning, I am right back on track. I have had nothing but tasty and satisfying LCHF foods today and am not even close to craving sugar or junk. I have no intention of going that far off the rails again, but I'm glad it hasn't ruined my whole week.

• Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Keto heals my digestive issues. I have very little, and very controllable cravings for anything. I'm able to actually maintain a deficit, without binging like a crazy person, and I'm better able to control my hunger. I love trying new keto recipes, it's like learning to cook all over again, and it gets me excited. :love:
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The absolute BIGGEST benefit to me is the NO CRAVINGS blessing! How many years have I fought cravings and all for nothing. This WOE rocks!