Expected Weight Loss & Fixed Menu

Options
I'm new to the 1200 calorie club and have 2 questions.

The first is - what is the average weekly weight loss that you experience at this calorie level?

Second - it would seem easier to me to eat a fixed menu (same thing every day) for a week or so while I get this going. Has anyone done this (and have menu to share)

Thanks in advance.
Queenie

Replies

• __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options

The first is - what is the average weekly weight loss that you experience at this calorie level?

Second - it would seem easier to me to eat a fixed menu (same thing every day) for a week or so while I get this going. Has anyone done this (and have menu to share)

Thanks in advance.
    Queenie

hi!

I often eat the same thing, not for any reason other than I really like what I eat :laugh:

It hasn't scuppered any weight loss provided the calories are within my daily calorie allowance.
  • JVCB
    JVCB Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Hi Queenie: I've been doing 1200 calories for almost 7 months now. I've lost an average of 1.25# per week, but I am also semi-sedentary due to a back injury. I think it is best to lose between 1 - 1.5# a week, as losing the weight a bit slower helps your skin to keep up with your weight loss (we older folk's skin doesn't bounce back as quickly as the youngster's :wink: ).

I suggest that you try to move as MUCH as you can; walking is a great exercise and calorie burner. I do tend to eat the same thing for breakfast each day and have a limited number of things I eat for lunches. I like to "save" my calories for dinner and for my evening glass of wine.:drinker:

My diary is open if you'd like to cruise the types of things I eat, but everyone has his own needs and wants when it comes to the "best" foods for you to lose weight. Your best bet is to get interested in cooking a variety of healthy foods that you really enjoy so that you don't get bored. I recommend the following blogsite for recipe ideas; http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Good luck to you on your "Journey to Health". You can do this! :bigsmile:
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    i loose 1 - 2 lbs a week but am seeing most of my loss in inches.
    i dont eat on a fixed menu but there are certain things i eat a lot of. lots of fruit and veggies - i dont limit myself at all. lots of smoothies too.