Weigh-In Wednesday

Options
I know not everyone has the same weigh -in day, so I am just calling it Weigh-In Wednesday as a general day to post. My issue with previous groups - and I mean no insult to them cuz I always loved groups - was there was a preset day and you had to weigh in on that day, and it usually was not a day I used so it was kinda weird!

You can weigh in on any day, stick to your normal day and that is fine! Just post it here if comfy with it! If you weigh in twice or more a week, that is fine too!

Replies

• 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Today on Wednesday the 7th.....I lost 2 pounds!
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks to my overeating on the weekend I gained 3.2 so not amused with that. Hoping it's water weight and it goes down quickly!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    it will!
  • cassieodriscoll
    cassieodriscoll Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    So today the 8th September I have lost 1kg since my weigh in last week!!! I am soooooooo super excited I am actually enjoying using MFP!!
    @120poundstogo congrats on the weight loss and @KittyInBoots I am sure it's water weight and tbh as long as you had a good weekend then what's not to love! I have an indulgent wekeend coming up so am hoping it's not too bad for me but I am struggling with eating well when I dine out- any suggestions anyone?
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    So today the 8th September I have lost 1kg since my weigh in last week!!! I am soooooooo super excited I am actually enjoying using MFP!!
    @120poundstogo congrats on the weight loss and @KittyInBoots I am sure it's water weight and tbh as long as you had a good weekend then what's not to love! I have an indulgent wekeend coming up so am hoping it's not too bad for me but I am struggling with eating well when I dine out- any suggestions anyone?

What I do is I put my palm over my food and make sure it all fits in there and whatever is leftover I bring home. I know it is a challenge to do but you can have a little more and save the rest. It takes willpower to achieve this and you may have to practice this and make a mental note of what you are doing but by doing this you will overcome and do it!

• diannemcal
    diannemcal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I am working on portion control as well. I use a food scale as I eat most meals at home.

I am a bit discouraged ... I am 3 weeks in and have not lost a single pound .... I am exercising more than I ever have and I am way under on my calories most days. Help!!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    diannemcal wrote: »
    That's awesome! I am working on portion control as well. I use a food scale as I eat most meals at home.

I am a bit discouraged ... I am 3 weeks in and have not lost a single pound .... I am exercising more than I ever have and I am way under on my calories most days. Help!!

Are you weighing your food with a scale? Eating back your exercise calories? It makes a big difference! I am not sure of your calorie goal but often times we pick the 2lb/week option which is too aggressive.
  • sheenasamdog681
    sheenasamdog681 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well the three pounds added while at my daughters has vanished this week!
  • OmnomFox
    OmnomFox Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Been a pretty difficult week for me so things have gone wrong and I'm up just under 4.5kg (10lb). Most of it will just be food and water weight so I'm trying not to panic too much :neutral:.

Should be much better and more comfortable the rest of the month that I know of so I'm fairly confident I can get back on track!

If you're increasing your exercise a lot in that time it's normal to expect increased water retention. Maybe that could explain it? What is your deficit and have you been eating back your exercise calories? I find MFP is particularly generous with how many it gives for exercise so most people are going to be burning less than what they say.
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well, I am back to 210 even but still need to relose like 2.4 so that is annoying. It seems extra hard this week cuz it was a short week.

Let's stick to cals this weekend!

@omnomfox i know right? Cals burned are way to generous, I assume half of it.
  • diannemcal
    Options
    I am actually not eating my exercise calories and I'm coming in about 300 calories under what I'm allowed at this point. Mfp allows me to 1500 calories a day and I'm averaging 1200. I am on a ton of medications for my heart and I suspect that that makes things a bit slower not to mention I'm 61 years old. Water retention is a good possibility though, it might account for it. I'm just going to keep going ... at some point the weight has to start dropping. Thanks for the input.
  • OmnomFox
    OmnomFox Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yeah bodies are really weird, hopefully it sorts itself out for you soon and it's not something more complicated like medication :smile:
  • cschof18
    cschof18 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bad week for me! blah up 5 pounds. Really eye opening though. Showed me what I have to do to lose weight and what I can do to not lose weight!
  • diannemcal
    Options
    Everyday is a new day. Way to go for learning from the past week and moving forward from here. We can do this.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Same as last week. Well, I know what to do, and will get it done this week!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options

Just be patient it will happen don't give up! It took me 7 months to get out of the 240's and I finally did! And 5 months to lose 10 lbs. If it takes until you're 70 you will do it!! i lowered my cals and ate way less do that for a few days and see if that works.
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    Well the three pounds added while at my daughters has vanished this week!

That's great!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    Well, I am back to 210 even but still need to relose like 2.4 so that is annoying. It seems extra hard this week cuz it was a short week.

Let's stick to cals this weekend!

@omnomfox i know right? Cals burned are way to generous, I assume half of it.

You will!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    I am actually not eating my exercise calories and I'm coming in about 300 calories under what I'm allowed at this point. Mfp allows me to 1500 calories a day and I'm averaging 1200. I am on a ton of medications for my heart and I suspect that that makes things a bit slower not to mention I'm 61 years old. Water retention is a good possibility though, it might account for it. I'm just going to keep going ... at some point the weight has to start dropping. Thanks for the input.

The water retention as you already know is playing a key factor in this! increase your water consumption and don't give up it sounds like you're on the right path in the calories part. Play around with those to see which works for you. Since you are active you should enter that factor in the calories sometimes it gives you more calories since you might not get enough if you are active.
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    cschof18 wrote: »
    Bad week for me! blah up 5 pounds. Really eye opening though. Showed me what I have to do to lose weight and what I can do to not lose weight!

At least you're aware of what you have to do to adjust!!