learned my lesson

Options
merflan
merflan Posts: 216 Member
Starting this morning with a cup of broth and packed another cup in my lunch for work. Was reading a book last night "Why we are fat" (I think that's what its called, by the guy that did good calories, bad calories) and he says two cups of broth per day. Its just such a contradiction to the mindset that sodium is bad I have to switch my mind around.

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Bumping this cuz it never hurts to have a friendly reminder around this forum that increasing sodium is incredibly valuable to minimizing or eliminating "keto flu".

I was right there with you @merflan. Not only did it seem contradictory to all I had ever heard/read regarding general health tips, I was quite fearful of increasing sodium/salt.

I had succeeded in my weight loss and had gotten off blood pressure medication prior to experimenting with keto for my movement disorder. The last thing I wanted to occur was water retention and/or elevated blood pressure. NEITHER HAPPENED when I increased salt/sodium and I quickly learned to avoid that funky keto flu via intake of salty broth, salty pickles and pickle juice. Whoda thunk?