magazine recomendations

Options
Calliope610
Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
I know this is kinda a weird request for this group, but I thought I could find some good suggestions from all of your health/fitness conscious peoples...

My son is 19 (20 in December) and newly into lifting. He got really into it when he joined the Air Force last year. Apparently there isn't much to do on base but his technical job and gym time. I would like to send him a magazine subscription or two for men's health and fitness publications. But a good publication - no bro-science rags.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Replies

• andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    what about something online? Like the shredded by science course? or the monthly research in S&C review? I've never seen a non broscience magazine. I suppose you could also get him a subscription to a university library so he can access online content (journals etc).
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,129 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed my subscription to Ironman magazine for a while, but there's nothing in the paid subscription you can't get for free online.

I'd avoid Men's Health if your goal is primarily exercise-related. Only a small fraction of each issue deals with exercise or nutrition, yet there's always tons of fashion or grooming articles.

Men's Fitness was also great, but again free content online, along with virtually all the past issues for free.