Weekly Post 11.09. - 17.09.2016

flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Sitting in my balcony lounge with an early Sunday morning coffee....

...before I'm off to my sister's building site for another active Sunday. Moving day is rapidly coming closer and there is still a lot to be done.

Had a good week and I do see a slow downward trend in my weight again. I also feel the difference. Those last few kilos always seem to pile on my abs and tummy, giving me a feeling of tightness I don't like. So I will keep up the good fasts and lots of spiralized veggies and protein during the week and be strict but not too strict on the weekends

Replies

• MelissaCV
    MelissaCV Posts: 24 Member
    Hello! Today is my first fasting day!

I did 5:2 for a few months years ago and it really worked and I felt great. Then life hit me a major blow and I stopped doing it and then never got back into it...until now. :)

I had black coffee for breakfast, then exercised for 30min (I'm doing the Couch to 5K program) and had a special K cereal with skim milk for lunch. Then tea for snack. Dinner will be trout fillet, grilled asparagus and roasted vegetables.

Next fasting day will be Thursday.

Have a great week!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Welcome Melissa! Life does throw is curve balls! Good job for getting back into something that makes you feel good!

Flossy you're on such a roll right now... Great job on those stairs too by the way!

I started out fasting today but that ended when I was invited out for lunch with my dear friend/cousin.... 5 hours & a 9 oz glass of wine later.... I enjoyed my day off :p

Busy this week, as it's the daughters' bday on wed! So, lots of treats around etc ....I'll try to pace myself!! Have a great week people!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Hi ya! I'm back to try and get into the swing of things again. Spent the summer off everything and now I'm back to religious counting. Managed one successful fast day last week and another reaching the 700's But slowly slowly.

Now I'm off to read all the posts I've missed!
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    At the end of last week one of my daughters coaches lost a piece of medical equipment. Without it we had a really bad night and almost lost her. Ever since we have not been able to get her health stabilized so sleep and exercise are just not happening. Thankful for 5:2 because I know I can get through this and not undo all my hardwork and progress. Made it through fast day yesterday.....hoping to take my girl out for a treat after some more tests today. She hasn't had much of an appetite since last Thursday and she's already having issues in the underweight department. Fingers crossed she actually wants to eat today! Hope everyone is doing well!
  • mamainthekitchen
    ^^^
    Whoops!
    sorry Flossy..... I meant Flumi, good job on those stairs.. :#
  • flumi_f
    Glad to see you all coming back after the summer. Definitely not my time for losing either. Automn is so much easier!

Ha ha Mama...off to help again on Friday. But we will be shifting from remodelling to moving mode...the old house is changing hands officially on the 23rd. Then I will officially have a sister with a house on the lake. As I have shed quite a few drops of sweat there since April, I have life long SUP rights there :D

Had a good fast on Monday and have some cals left over today due to exercise. Biked to work and back on Mo and Tu and will go swimming in the Rhine tomorrow before work. So I think exercise is covered B) , but a second fast this week is not in the cards. Too much going on. Will just try and be a little under each day until the weekend and then all is good.

Have a good week!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Ahhhh! When calories from booze exceed calories from healthy foods!

Ahhhhhhhh.... That, is all I can say to sum up my week :s
  • flumi_f
    My first glass of wine was at 15h this afternoon Mama B)