High and dry versus low and humid

Options
sirrahsim
sirrahsim Posts: 20 Member
I live in the high dessert of Arizona at just shy of 5k feet. I thought that it would be easier to run while on vacation up in Ohio because I am much closer to sea level. Boy was I WRONG!!!
The humidity makes running miserable! It is impossible for sweat to evaporate to cool me off so every run has been spent huffing and puffing and wringing myself out like a wet towel!

How do you survive running in humidity??

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Ohio? Pfffft, try south Alabama. Just being outside for a few minutes will get you drenched.
  • sirrahsim
    sirrahsim Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am used to under 10%humidity so anything higher than that is pretty miserable. Down there you can probably swim down the street :D
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's unbearable sometimes here in Georgia. I just try to stay very hydrated and run very early or late in the day. And occasionally I have to slow down or cut my runs short. Lately my clothes are literally dripping wet after a run. Glad I bought waterproof seat covers for our car!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I live in SC and just have to deal :-/ Running early or late is your best option, but it's still pretty miserable!