China time is coming again

Options
fishgutzy
fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
A week until my next month long trip to China.
Some things have changed since my last trip. Because of the G20, the government had forced nearly all businesses to close but still pay the employees. I'm hearing that many small businesses went under due to this. So a lot of empty store fronts throughout the city now.
The guv also blocked all VPN services. They have not been unblocked yet.
I don't recall of MFP is a blocked site or not. Nearly all social networking sites are blocked.
So if you don't hear from me on the 20th you'll know why :dizzy:
But at least I'll be abler to swim again this trip so my mental health won't suffer from chlorine and endorphin withdrawal.

Swimming after work today. Patriots were on last night. Ha!
4 miles swim. Maybe more.

Replies

• Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Will keep fingers crossed you can get online and report on your swimming in China. Have a safe and productive trip!
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    have a good trip, gutzy. I just spent a couple of days in California for work and was too busy to even think about searching for a pool. I may have to make a couple more trips this year, though, and will see if I can find an option. Hope you can defeat the VPN madness...
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    have a good trip, gutzy. I just spent a couple of days in California for work and was too busy to even think about searching for a pool. I may have to make a couple more trips this year, though, and will see if I can find an option. Hope you can defeat the VPN madness...

The advantage of my Y membership when I travel in the US, is I can go to any Y when I'm away. :dizzy:
    But no Y I China. But at last there is Wills Gym finally. Will be getting my swim and sweat on :D
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    And so it begins.
    In Chiraq for connecting flight. SFO next. Then on to Hangzhou.
    Total travel time from home about 26 hours.
    Next swim will be around 5:30pm local Wednesday, in Hangzhou.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Safe travels!
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    First wake up in China today.
    Swimming after work.
    Flying into Hangzhou saved a 3 hour drive.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Glad you made it there safely. Enjoy your swim!
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Bought a cheap bike. A 650RMB (~$108) mountain bike.
    Still need to find a longer seat past for it. Seat height a good 4" to low at maximum. But better than the public bikes.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Last morning in China for this trip.
    Flight departs Hangzhou at 10AM. yahoo!
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Safe trip home!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    What is your total travel time - Straight clock time eliminating time zones.

I remember some friends coming back from Burma and it was horrendous - 32 hrs.
    Maybe they were on the cheapest route = lots of little flights - can't remember.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    What is your total travel time - Straight clock time eliminating time zones.

I remember some friends coming back from Burma and it was horrendous - 32 hrs.
    Maybe they were on the cheapest route = lots of little flights - can't remember.

This trip back was not typical. Fight from Hangzhou canceled so they bused us to Shanghai.
    But normally about 23 hours including layovers.