Need 5pounds gone in a 4days

Options
I'm joining the military and I go to meps in acouple of days and new to drop off 5 pounds any tips?

Replies

• jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I lost quickly when I cut out or limited carbs.
  • Munza60
    Munza60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cut all sugar from your diet and exrcise each day in you optimum fat burning heart rate zone (65% of you maxHR) E.g. Max HR is 220 minus your age so if you are 30 years old maxHR is 220-30=190 x 65%= 125. A brisk walk for an hour or slow jog (you should be able hold a conversation) for 30 mins each day will help. Also drink 8 glasses of water to flush the system - good luck
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    You can't. Simple math, it takes eating a deficit of 3500 a week to lose one pound. You just don't have the time.
    If you are truly committed to joining a branch of the military, then from experience, I suggest that you lose the weight the right way. Otherwise if you cheat your way (by dropping five pounds overnight of water weight), it will only cause you more headaches while you wait to ship out to basic training.

https://caloriebee.com/diets/How-to-meet-the-weight-requirements-to-join-the-military
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    First week, I dropped inches and like 3 lbs., then following week I came here and lost an additional 3 lbs. Low sugar and low sodium.
  • msmarriah
    msmarriah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How did it go? You can certainly loose water weight! Go take a Bikram Yoga class. Burns 700 calories (ish) per class and for me I loose 3 pounds water weight every class (and I drink 40+oz water during class). Once hydrated obviously this weight comes back, but if you need to weigh in..
  • gunnerslove77
    gunnerslove77 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Google egg fast diet I breath I'm hungry .. ive just done 2 days.. can be done. I lost 3lbs.. it's high in calories and fat low in carbs.. it works.. only suggesting to you as it's a worthwhile cause. Plus eggs are very good for you and there are a ton of recipes on that site.. hopfully you like egg and cheese lol and won't miss the veggies or meat... don't recommend the diet for longer than 5 days xx nothing beats the nutritional benefits of fruit n veg
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    low carb high fat, keto. Eliminate all sugars including fruit (except berries like raspberries, blueberries, blackberries ok) and only eat veggies full in fiber and low in carbs (cauliflower, zucchini, broccoli,). Lots of bacon, eggs, avocado, nuts/seeds, fatty meats. Increase your sodium if you do this approach because LCHF/Keto diets need more sodium than a normal diet. Will drop water water really quickly. Keep up your electrolytes otherwise you'll feel like crap (potassium and magnesium plus the sodium I mention).
  • Ihaveaplan1
    Ihaveaplan1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    google the 3 day military diet.......works wonders.