Most Effective Exercises

Options
ChaleGirl
ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
Hey ladies!
Just wondering what exercises you have found shave off the most calories.
I'm trying to do a mix of cardio and strength training at the gym but I'm finding I'm not shrinking as much as when I used to just go out for long runs.
Granted my diet isn't amazing but it wasn't when I used to run and I still got much smaller.
Would love to hear what's working for everyone else!

Replies

• nbintliff
    nbintliff Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been incorporating intervals, either through running/walking or hill intervals. These are supposed to burn calories for longer after you stop working out!
  • cxrdxnxs
    cxrdxnxs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really like long runs. It's meditative, and has helped me physically shrink. I'm also trying intermittent fasting so my last meal was at 7. I probably won't eat anything till twelve tomorrow, unless I get up early and do my workout before. I'm sure this isn't news to you all but I was reading about mobilizing fat easier and the answer I found so far is to work out in a fasted state, I'm guessing it really helps you dip into the fat.

So my main exercise approach is lots of cardio in a fasted state. Maybe some minimal dumbbell workouts on days of rest. (I'm looking to just shrink as well for now)
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    How are you getting on with intermittent fasting. I tried it and felt great weight wise but I started to get dizzy spells so stopped. I was only eating after 6pm.
  • cxrdxnxs
    Options
    It's kind of hard. I'm just getting used to it. I'm doing the 8 hour eating window, 16 hour fast, Today it was hard to work out without anything in belly so I didn't. But now that I've eaten plenty, I might just go on a run later then go to bed. It's definitely easier for me to eat breakfast, and a big lunch, early minimal dinner. I couldn't go all day without eating.
  • cxrdxnxs
    Options
    Intervals sounds like a good idea, I going to see if I can incorporate that on my runs/ or the elliptical.