Pysillium husk tmi question

Options
Hello, I was wondering if it's OK to take pysillium husk whilst doing keto. I am currently taking 600mg of mag citrate a day and 2 tbs of Mct oil daily. Still no movement after 5 days. I don't really want to resort to a laxative so thought pysillium husk might be a safer alternative. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• oann8052
    oann8052 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes it's ok to take pysillium husk on keto you may want to see if your consuming enough fluids on this way of eating that may be one of the issues your having from no movement. Good luck hope that helps.
  • freckles2002
    freckles2002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I appreciate your feedback. I drink loads so don't think that's the issue.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Psyllium fiberhusk are water soluble fibers, which means you need much more water when taking them ,... or they might lead to constipation instead of helping with BM. Good luck!
  • Persephone7676
    Persephone7676 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    There's always Colace too if need be.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Olive oil on a large salad.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You could just take more magnesium too... if it's not making your stool loose you haven't reached the amount your body can use anyway
  • MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You could just take more magnesium too... if it's not making your stool loose you haven't reached the amount your body can use anyway

Wow … didn't know that. Thanks
  • freckles2002
    freckles2002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks sunny will try taking Mir magnesium